How many changes of clothes each day?

Mrs Wibbily

Reaction score
Questions in the title really...

Finn seems to be a real messy baby at mealtimes and bibs just don't cut it (even the full on cover you up bibs)! We're on at least 2-3 changes per day, tops and bottoms!

What about you lot? Xxx

at the most 2 changes. i refuse to change dex more than that (unless his nappy has leaked or if hes been sick, both rarely happen). our washing pile is already massive, i just couldnt cope with 3 changes a day lol. dex gets his tea at about 6.30pm. and goes to bed at 8.30pm. so if he gets mucky while eating his dinner then i either change him into his jammies or let him have some naked time cause he loves that! xxx

We're on about 2 a day here. T is awfully messy with food and will get it under her bum in the high chair and then kind of grinds it in. It's a nightmare, as are all her stained clothes. She hardly ever wears anything nice because I don't want her to eat in it, and she is ALWAYS eating! xxx

2 here - more with explosive poo days and she's still on bottles!

I always give A her breakfast in her jammies, even though she doesn't have it until after her first nap so I just don't get her dressed until late morning! Then I try to give her something for lunch which isn't too messy (if that's possible!) so stuff that doesn't mush right into her clothes - but if I need to change her then, then I do. Then if dinner is really messy I will strip her naked for it and then she goes straight in the bath after! So tends to only be 2 outfits a day max unless she leaks her nappy! I really need to get some of those coverall bibs and see if they make any difference to mess!xx

On a good day - 2 changes - 1 after his breakfast bottle out of bedtime clothes and 1 last thing at night, into bedtime clothes.

On a bad day, with exploding poo (!) - at least 3, maybe 4 lol :shock: xx

I keep B in his PJs for breakfast, generally have to change him after lunch if its a messy one and after dinner I just strip him ready for his bath. We also have a dressing gown which is handy for after brekkies or dinner.

Pretty much every time he eats so we're at 3-4 changes per day!

Sometimes I have to change him out of his decent clothes into crappy ones if we're having something super messy and then back into something else!

I am another one that leaves bub in his PJ's until after breakkie, unless it's a super messy breakkie (aren't they all??)

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
We're on about 2 a day here. T is awfully messy with food and will get it under her bum in the high chair and then kind of grinds it in. It's a nightmare, as are all her stained clothes. She hardly ever wears anything nice because I don't want her to eat in it, and she is ALWAYS eating! xxx

Finn does this. I mean seriously WTF?! His pants are usually disgusting! Banana drives me mad but he LOVES them! Fed up of washing and ironing ALL THE TIME!!x:lol:

Pretty much every time he eats so we're at 3-4 changes per day!

Sometimes I have to change him out of his decent clothes into crappy ones if we're having something super messy and then back into something else!

xxxxxxx

I'm gonna start doing this! Although all of his clothes are turning into shit ones cos of the food stains! If I'm quick I get them off and soak them in stain remover! I often find big lumps of food a the front of my washer when the cycle finishes!!!xx

I have some 3-6 month PJ's which I just pop on him for half hour whilst he's eating (they are short on him but not too tight iykwim)

Also I may buy a cheap bundle from Ebay when he needs the next size and after a wash they'll be his crappy clothes

xxxxxxxx

Finn does this. I mean seriously WTF?! His pants are usually disgusting! Banana drives me mad but he LOVES them! Fed up of washing and ironing ALL THE TIME!!x:lol:

Do you iron your little one's clothes? I absolutely refuse to!

I know you weren't asking me, but I don't iron anything!! Ever!! Never in a million years would I iron something my messy almost 8 month old is going to wear !!

My SIL irons all her kids clothes though (2 years and 7 months) and her bedsheets... maybe she has more time in her day than I do...

xxxxxx

Last edited:
I've tried not to i really have, but I can't not! some women are fantastic at getting clothes washed and dried and they don't need ironing but not me. All the clothes I wash look like they've been shoved in a bag for 6 months so I HAVE to iron! x

I've tried not to i really have, but I can't not! some women are fantastic at getting clothes washed and dried and they don't need ironing but not me. All the clothes I wash look like they've been shoved in a bag for 6 months so I HAVE to iron! x

So do mine! I just don't see the point tho!

Just pjs at night and one set of clothes in the day here! She has breakfast in her pjs and at lunch I sort of cover her in muslins and bibs haha
Dinner time is just before her bath so she eats with just her nappy on and then gets immediately dunked! :)

I don't bath bub every night as he has mild eczema but I try to have super messy dinners (spag bol) on bath nights.

I find without clothes on though the mess get everywhere. I've found uneaten pasta in his nappy???

xxxxxx

Last edited:
I don't bath bub every night as he has mild eczema but I try to have super messy dinners (spag bol) on bath nights.

I find without clothes on though the mess get everywhere. I've found uneaten pasta in his nappy???

xxxxxx

I find loads of food in Finn's nappies! And I mean loads! I wonder sometimes if he's put it in there for later on!:sick:

Aaron is really clean lol! But we are doing TW and he's not really got the hang of finger foods

I rarely have to change him during the day

Tapatalking!

I take Harry's trousers off every time he eats, then he gets a full body bib with long sleeves and if there's going to be any big chunks, he gets a pelican bib too so that helps keep him mostly clean. The dribble on the other hand, well he dribbles so much that I have to change his dribble bibs about 4 times a day and his t shirt 2-3 times a day due to dribble alone! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back