How long to wait after MMR injection?

Sugarplum

Reaction score
Hello :wave:

I just introduced myself in the other sector and mentioned that I had an MMR injection one month ago. My nurse told me first that we have to wait for 3 months. But on the day I got my injection she said that she was reading about it once more and that i just have to wait one month. I believed her and now im quite confused. We started to try already ...
I'm kinda scared now, but why is she saying that one month waiting is enough? She said she informed herself about it just for me.

Help!!! :(

xxx
Maria

when i went for my check up with doc for all those things she said if i wasnt covered and had to have MMR i should wait 3 months before trying.

I was told to wait three months after the MMR but found this on the NHS website (http://www.mmrthefacts.nhs.uk/news/newsitem.php?id=58), so its now a month. I wouldn't worry that you are trying now.

Q6 How long should a woman avoid becoming pregnant after receiving MMR vaccine?

Because of the known association between wild rubella virus and congenital rubella syndrome (CRS), there is a theoretical risk that rubella vaccine could cause CRS. The possibility that rubella vaccine could cause CRS has been carefully studied and the results are very reassuring that nobody has found any evidence that MMR vaccine can cause congenital rubella syndrome.

Nevertheless, women are advised to avoid pregnancy for one month after receiving a rubella-containing vaccine. This advice is the same in the UK and the US.

Q7 But I have been told I should wait for 3 months before getting pregnant.

The US Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) carried out a review recently of data from the US, UK, Sweden and Germany on 680 live births to susceptible women who were inadvertently vaccinated either 3 months before or during the early weeks of pregnancy with rubella vaccine. They found that none of the infants were born with congenital rubella syndrome (CRS). Following this review, ACIP changed their guidance of avoiding pregnancy following MMR vaccine from 3 months to 28 days in 2001.6 The UK has recommended a one-month interval since 1996. The Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC) for some MMR vaccines may still recommend that a 3 month gap be left between MMR vaccine and becoming pregnant but the UK and US advice is the most up to date and should be followed.

Awww thank you all for the replies. Especially Tick-Tock :D that took some worries off me, really. Gave me some sleeping problems honestly ... But your just always worry when it comes to children, the born or unborn :wink:

hope your all fine and have a great bonfire night tmw

xxx
Maria

Sorry, I know I'm in the wrong area, but do you have the MMR and stuff as an adult?? :think:

Of course if you didn't have it as a child
you can be given it as an adult

Oh right I didn't know that :oops:

Sorry I'll stop hijacking your thread now :oops:

shows how much i know :doh: did you get called for it or did you just decide to have it?

I had mine in May when I registered with a new doctor and she found out I never had my rubella jab when I was a teen.... Apparantley they don't really make the single vaccine anymore so the MMR is the only option.

I was working in a nursery in Germany and its law there to get tested if you're immune against rubella and all that. and it said im not immune against rubella. so i went to the nurse and she gave me the injection. and said wait for a month until u keep on trying for a baby. well, i got the slight symptoms of mumps and measels after a few days thou but im fine now :think:

and the needle hurt a little bit more than ohter injections hehe

xxx

I found this post when I searched on google. Just noticed this post was written 10 years ago but i will leave new info I just got on here all the same in case it helps someone like me:

So I was told by my surgery I would have to wait 3 months after vaccination to TTC but I have just spoken to my fertility clinic and this is what they have said and it makes sense - take vaccination and get tested after a month to check if you are now immune. If so you can proceed to TTC.

Hope this helps someone out there - good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back