Hi Hi We'd like to say hello

Sugarplum

Reaction score
:wave:
Ok, so first I'd really like to say ... I'm so happy that I found this forum cos it seems just great and everyone in here is so friendly. I was just reading the postings so far but now its time to say hello I think :D

I'm 26 and moved to England, to live here with my fiance, three months ago. And since the 19th of October we're trying for a baby. We had to wait that long as I just got my MMR injection and the nurse told us to wait for a month. Which is quite confusing as ppl in Germany say u have to wait 3 month. But the nurse should know, hm? :think:

Ok, so I'll see u all in a different sector of the forum.

Have a great week :wave:

xxx
Maria

hiya and welcome to the forum!!!

good luck TTC!!!!

Hi, yes you do have to wait 3 months after having the mmr. This is because they are injecting a virus into you and the rubella part is what is harmful to the fetus!
Hope that helps ! (i had mine last week!! lol, my son has his in an hours time!!LOL)

Welcome to the forum! :D

oh my nurse said first that i have to wait 3 month. but then on the day i got my injection she said i only have to wait one month. so not three. thats odd. im confused now. and im worried, too. as we're trying already :shock:

Shouldn't I believe the nurse? She said she read about it once more to be sure how long we have to wait. And she said just one months ...

xxxx
Maria

P.S. Oh and I hope everything went fine for ur little one with the injection. I know it hurts doesn't it grrrr :|

Well as a student nurse ive always been told to wait 3 months, and when i had mine a week ago the nurse then told me not to get pregnant within the next 3 months!

LO was fine with his thanks :)

:wave: Hello!!Welcome to the forum!Good luck TTC!!! :wave:

I was reading online that the recommendation used to be 3 months after mmr, but has changed to 1 as there have been more studies carried out etc. however, you can't rely on the internet to be totally factual. if i were you i'd contact the surgery to confirm!!

good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back