how long to wait after mc.

mum2A&L

Reaction score
my doc said that we should wait 3 normal periods before we start to try again... but we had already started trying again :oops:

now i don't know if i should make Oh cover up every time, or if there really is an increased risk or problems if we don't wait... :think:

has anyone been told the same thing? or something different?

i ha a miscarriage last year, and i got pregnant afetr one AF, and have just given birth to a perfect litle boy, try again when you feel ready hun,!!

I think most say to wait 1 period (have only occasionally heard 3), but my Dr just told me to wait 4 weeks. He said it's about the cervix repairing and the hormone levels getting back to normal.

There seem to be lots of ladies on this forum who have sucessfully conceived and carried after 1 period. I am waiting for 1 period or 4 weeks...

Scared of the future but have to be strong and keep trying. :pray:

Hiya, my doctor told me after my 1st mc that you should really wait for at least 1 period before you try again. I went into the hospital 22/12/96 and my youngest daughter was born 13/10/97, although I was so scared all the way thru my pregnancy but my daughter is now 10yrs old and very healthy. :D As soon as you have had the dnc you apparently are good to go! I have just had another mc and I'm 2 weeks late so hopefully I could be expecting again :) good luck kindest regards husky73 :wave:

i never had a dnc? it was never mentioned? :think:

thanks for the stories girls! it really gives me hope that i will fall pg again and everything will be ok.

i think we will start using protecting again until my period and then we will go from there...

cheers again!! :hug:

I think you should change Drs. You should have been offered all alternatives. I had a missed m/c and couldn't bare the emotional pain of the wait so opted for D & C.

If you are really keen to start, you could always go for a scan to make sure all of the little angel has passed. Is there any bleeding still?

my doc said if it was him, he would do a 'full clean out' i guess this is the same as a dnc? but he said he would leave all decisions like that up to the hospital.

I started bleeding on the 14th, but its been on and off since then. I stopped for the good part of a week, but yesterday and today, there is little bits of blood in my discharge again... but me and OH did have sex, and im wondering if that has stured stuff up (sorry, tmi!!).

yeah I guess that's what he meant by a 'full clean out'

not too sure about the bleeding- wonder if it's an AF. Apparently we shouldn't worry unless it's really heavy. Mine has been on and off for 3 days but not too heavy.

its really pathetic bleeding. its hardly bleeding really - more there when i wipe! (sorry, tmi!!). ive had a weird twinge in myside alday, but i think i know the reason.

I was very heavy for a couple of days (the first day was the worse). how are you feeling?

Pretty down - took the day off work today but will go back tomorrow. Can't say how I'll be tomorrow as trying to focus on work will be tough.

Physically not too bad- bleeding getting lighter and lighter. I just want my cycles back to normal asap so I can try again... I think. Although not sure. Might wait a bit longer as still very scared to look into the future...

Are you doing ok now?

Oh hun. Im trying to see work as helping. I’m throwing myself into jobs so my mind doesn't wander!!

As for me, physically im getting there.

Mentally - a way off yet. I don't feel as helpless as what I did. Having an ok day at work after last Friday has helped. Also, a friend is pregnant, and I hadn't spoken to her for a few weeks - she was planning on aborting the baby, but I spoke to her today and she is planning to keep it! im so pleased for her :) on the one hand im gutted, as it should be me, but if I can experience carrying and having a baby again, im pleased she can! It just wasn't my time!

We will all have our time - these bad experiences mean we don't take the good ones for granted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back