How long should i wait to do another pregancy test

fiona83

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My period is 6 days late, i have tested twice both been neagtive (tesco own brand) one on the first day and one today.

How long should i wait before taking another? and is they any brand you may recommend.

My periods are usally on time, i have a constant dull pain in my lower back and sore breasts.

I dont no weather i am or not, dont no if im just become obsessed with the fact i could be and i aint could this delay my period and give of signs such as sore breasts.

Thank you for reading and a look forward to your responses.

Regards
Fiona

It really does vary from women to woman - i got my BFP 10 days after ovulation but others don't get anything fr weeks after their AF would be due. Might be worth testing in a week or if you can't hold off that long wait for 4 dyas as tht will give you HCG levels plenty of time to increase.

Hope you get your BFP soon x x x

tesco pregnancy tests are ok, but at this stage of pregnancy the line you get is very faint on them, i used them on mine and had to go and buy the clear blue ones cos i wanst sure about the line biegn there or not. Sometimes your lefels of hormones arnt high enough at first so leavingit a few days may give you a possitive result. Alternatively your period may just be late, i would wait a few days and re-test, to be honest though theres no real time to wait, maybe try doing one in the morning when levels are higest, good luck
Clare x

I got a positive on a tesco test at 10dpo, I'd say they are good tests. However, when I done a 1st response at 10dpo (same pee) the line was alot darker so i'd recommend you get one of them.

Leave it another 2 days if you can then retest as hormone levels double around every 48 hours so if you are pregnant it's more likely to pick it up in a couple of days.

Good luck :)

As the others said for testing and waiting to test, regarding making yourself have the symptoms by obsessing about whether you are pregnant or not, yes that is possible alot of women in TTC will tell you how their symptoms convinced them they were pregnant only to find they wernt, you spend so much time looking for the symptoms and thinking about them your body creates them, its not that your making it up or anything like that but the mind is an amazing think and can trick your body into acting as though you are pregnant, stress can also delay a period so if your not wanting to be pregnant and stressing about it its possible the stress is delaying your period. Good luck whichever outcome you are hoping for! :hug:

i was allways ontime for my period but only found out i was pregs at 6 weeks :) took ages for test 2 come out positive

Hi

I've nearly always used the 'Early Bird' ones (you have to float the pee stick for 2 mins which is a bit of a pain) but I've found them to be quite sensitive, and reasonable value for money (and, I've still got the 'positive' on the test I did when I was expecting my first - she is now 5!)

All the best :cheer: :hug:

I found out I was pregnant 9 days before my period was due, I used the Tesco clearblue tests that you wee on and both of them showed as inconclusive (basically diddnt say if i was pregnant or not) it was just a blank screen.

Then i bought another 2 tests and the third one showed again as inconclusive, then the next day i used my fourth test and there was a really really really faint line, almost so faint I thought i could just be seeing things.

In the end i decided to buy a clearblue DIGITAL test (ok it was a few £ more) but hey at least it would give me some sort of result!! anyway the digital one showed PREGNANT, i did a few more to be sure & they all showed the same. And that was 9 days before my period was due.

It varies from woman to woman.

T xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back