Period Pains? Do I need to worry?

amandap1

Reaction score
I am 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant and really since my period has been late I have been experiencing mildish cramps, twinges and dull aches - almost like a constant period pain.

I have read about this happening due to the uterus growing to make room for the baby but at 6 weeks this feels a little too early?

Do you think I should be worrying about this at all and is anyone in a similar term to myself experiencing a similar symptom?

Are you bleeding as well hun?

I think mild craps on their own can be nothing, but I'd probably get it checked out for your own piece of mind as worrying about it will stress you out :hug:

x

No, not bleeding so that's good I guess.

I will speak with my GP and just double check - I am such a worrier!

hi i had period pains from when af was due till about 7 weeks then it stopped but if you are at all worried get checked over xxxxxxx

I get the AF type pains also, and have also been waking up with horrendous AF/upset stomach types cramps.....which I was assured by other members on here is wind :oops:

I have also read on the internet that AF type pains are very common in early stages!

I had mild period pains constantly before and after getting my bfp, still do now at times and I'm 19weeks now! For weeks I was going to the loo expecting AF to have arrived! It's perfectly normal hun, think it's just the muscles around our womb stretching and making room for LO.

Sarah x

i've had these pretty constantly since finding out - although they have eased off looaaaads lately.. hope they get better for you :hug:

I had this loads in tri1, I even ended up in A&E because I was so worried and they told me it was just my womb growing. I felt a right plonker afterwards! :oops:
As long as you aren't bleeding then don't worry but if you need some reassurance phone your doctor or M/W
Hope this helps :hug:

i have heard of alot of girls experiencing this, i sure did, i even had a bit of bleeding :shock:

anyways i went to my doc and had an ultrasound, everything looked completely normal, the spotting stopped and my scan came back fine.

im sure your LO is fine.

xoxo

I had this i kept thinking it was my period about to start. It definately does feel like period cramps doesnt it? quite ironic really!
Its pretty much stopped now but i do get the odd twinge/cramp it doesnt last long and its not unbearable but i definately know its there.

I posted loads about this when i was around the same stage as you I even went to the doctors and ended up crying my eyes out :oops: but it was all normal i kept getting them on and off for a good few weeks.

:hug: Go to the doctors though if you are really worried

x

I had cramps that came and went in the first few wks, prob from about wks 4 to 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back