How long do the pains last for....

angiemum2b

Reaction score
I'm still having regular period type pains/cramps and i can't ever remember getting them before, :wall: :wall:

how long did they / do they last for ? ? ? :? :?

And mine are quite painfull but only for 30 secs or so is that right ???? :think:

thanks in advance :hug: :hug:

Hi Angie!

I had cramp type things for about 5 days (stopped about 4 days ago) but haven't had any since (I'm 7 weeks gone)...

Hope that helps! x

thanks for the reply chick, there not very painful, but i was just wondering about how long there meant to stay for. :roll:

well im 6 weeks monday so hopefully not too long. :D

Hi Angie, I think our bodies all respond uniquely but here's my experience....I started getting constant period like pains at about 4.5 weeks and that lasted until about 6 weeks (the pain was quite strong during this time). Since then I get sharp twinges, particularly on sneezing, coughing, getting up but they're not that frequent and only last a few seconds. I also occasionally feel a more dull period like pain but not anything like before 6 weeks and generally only happens if I've been doing too much. Hope that helps and hope your pain goes away soon. :hug:

Hiya,

I had these on and off between about 5 and 7 weeks but they've stopped now....even so, I think pains and twinges are normal throughout xx

Hi, I've just joined!! Sooo pleased i've found this forum!!! I'm only about 4 1/2 weeks preg....(found out on the 2/1/08) I have been having odd pains too...can't help being a little worried, but feel better that others have experienced the same thing!

I had period type pains on and off till about 10-11 weeks

Glad you asked the question angiemum2b because I too have been having them all week, and never did with Isaac, so its a great comfort to know its not unusual :hug: :hug: :hug:

I still have them now, sometimes they are more often and some days i can go without any. Yes they are very worrying but after my panic the other night and speaking to a doctor i am told not to worry about them anymore.
I think i'm learning to ignore them and deal with them as if they are normal, its only if they become worse or more noticable that i will know something isn't right. Try not to worry, you'll find the more you worry the more you notice every little twinge ( i know i do ) xxx

thanks ladies for your reply's, i think i'm just going to have to try and ignore them. :|

But it's very hard to as i just seems to think the worst :roll: :roll:

redshoes i didn't have them with my owen i dont think it's just scary when it comes frequently :roll:

but ive had no bleeding and they dont last more than 25-30 secs at a time, so i suppose its mind over matter! :roll:

I'm sure its fine :hug: because I'm still a little dazed that we got pregnant so quickly, I'm trying to see them as a kick to start truly believing we are pregnant :D
It is a little scary thought I agree, but I suppose we are learning that our pregnancies are different this time round too, so to not think what we did/didn't have first time round :?
Very best wishes :hug:

Maybe because you had a baby before the muscles went back but tighter then before so now you're pregnant again they have to stretch that bit more to get beany ready for his or her little pad...

Well thats my theory anyway

x

You're likely to get them on and off all the way through. Unless they are excruciating or you experience bleeding, don't worry about them too much :)

hey, i have been getting pains and twinges. i am 10weeks and have only been getting them recently... whihc has been making me worry. they come and go,,, and i find they get worse at night when i lay in bed,,, but maybe this is just becuase i am not doing anything and think about them more......

where is everyone getting their pains???

sometimes mine are acorss my tummy button area, and other times they are down low... and sometimes they are just on one side... is this normal??? it makes me worry when they are down low.. where are everyone else'???

:hug:

Mine were (and still are now they have come back in 3rd tri) always low down :)

Ive had them in the past few days hun and Im 23 weeks

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back