How long did your council exchange take?

violet-glow

Reaction score
Ello me again! :) hehe

Just wondering we have put down for a transfer because there is not enough room in my small 2 bed flat for all of us.

We are currently with a housing asso, but we have put that we want to move with council or housing asso.

How long did it take for you to be offered a place??

Thanks in advance girls :hug: xx

hi do you mean exchange as in swap with someone else or the council move you. i swapped from a housing association to council but i had to put cards through peoples doors who were on a list that wanted to exchange. then when sum1 cotacts you and you both agree to swap houses you fill in the forms. we put our forms in 3 days before xmas and moved on 10th february. hth xxxxxx

Yeah thats what I meant. I was told it was going to takeyears for them to find someone to swap with me. :shock:

I dont think I can wait that long. Zack only has a box room. I cant fit 2 kids in there :?

Sometimes it can happen almost overnight, it just depends on finding someone who wants yours and you wanting theirs type thing...other times it can take months or as someone's said, years to find a perfect swap. You can pop your name on the council/HA lists for accommodation but then it's down to points, how many you have, area(s) you have selected, what's avaliable etc. Everyone wants to move into a bigger house, not many people want to go smaller which is half the problem really.

Mine took about 6 weeks. In the end i advertised my house in shop windows and I got someone straight away. Is there no exchange lists in your council or housing asociation offices to look through.

yeah put posters in shop windows or advert in paper. have a look at exchange list (you should get one from council) and if you want to view a house post a note thru their door telling them where you live and a contact number. hope you get one soon hun. i was lucky becus the housing association i live on is only about 7yrs old so plenty of people of the council estate want to move on their cus the houses look "posher" lol. good luck and get some posters out there etc.
xxxxxx

I didnt realise I could view the exchange lists. I havent been told anything. To be honest my council are crap. I have fille din 2 applications and the have cancelled them both times without telling me. So I have got a solicitor (sp?) involved :?

How do I go about getting these lists?

Round here you just go into the office and ask to see them and they are either in books or on a big notice board.

im sure here u can view them online
my mums administrator at work was looking into it and was showing me the houses onlinne

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back