How long between pregnancys?

little*red

Reaction score
hey ladies
just wondering how long you all waited from having your first baby until trying again for your second. ive been thinking about it for the last week or so and i wanted to start trying again by next december so that there would be at least a 2 year age gap between them. however i discussed it with the hubby and he said he wanted to start trying again when Evie was 1 as it took us about 4-5 months to concieve her.
what are the advantages and disadvantages of having kids quite so close together? :D

My son was 2 and 3 mths (but very smart) when baby 2 was born benefits: 1. He was potty trained 2. He understands to be gentle 3. He can help me 4. Absolutely no jealousy as he doesn't remeber her not being around lol 5. He understood breastfeeding

Problems 1. The terrible 3's??? and a baby.... 2. He's too big for pushcahir, too small to walk everywhere.

Now i'm pregnant with 3 and youngest is 9.5 mths. SHe will be 17mths when baby comes and son 3 and 9mths. I foresee trouble....... lol

I MUST BE MAD

xnatalie81x said:
My son was 2 and 3 mths (but very smart) when baby 2 was born benefits: 1. He was potty trained 2. He understands to be gentle 3. He can help me 4. Absolutely no jealousy as he doesn't remeber her not being around lol 5. He understood breastfeeding

Problems 1. The terrible 3's??? and a baby.... 2. He's too big for pushcahir, too small to walk everywhere.

Now i'm pregnant with 3 and youngest is 9.5 mths. SHe will be 17mths when baby comes and son 3 and 9mths. I foresee trouble....... lol

I MUST BE MAD

Hiya

My two are about the same difference Willow was 2 in October and Conal born November and she is jeaous as hell :evil:

She was the first grandchild in my family and first girl in 30 years in DH family so she was spoilt rotten if anyone now hold Conal apart from me :lol: she hates it i swear you can see her eyes going green and Daddy is always her best friend! so if he has him she goes mad.

To be honest i wich i had waited another year but then i suppose if i had things would just be the same i used to thin kit would be different but i suppose really aftr 2 they are old enough to know all abuot new babies, i just think it is ard for the oldest child no matter what age you have the next you just don't want them to miss out on anything.

So i think about 2 is agood idea :lol:

I decided i wanted another once Dior was 6weeks old i was a bit nervous though so didnt stop taking my pill til she was 12 weeks old.

i think real close is good because Dior was 1 when i had Harley and she was to young to get jelous, so she dont really no life with out him, they are best mates have the same interests same bath time bed time nap time eat the same food.

but when Dior was 10months old and wanted to jump all over me or play with me i couldnt move i couldnt get down on the floor as i was huge. and i couldnt let her sit on me much. but it was great that she was stil a baby as i napped in the day when she did.
at first i found it very hard and hated my life but now since Harley is old anough to play with Dior i love it so much seeing how close they are i LOVE it

eg. i am taking them to nursery 1 hr a day at the mo to get them settled for school they both get scarred and cling on to each other :angel: how cute. and if one is upset the other will hand over the dummy

My eldest was three months when I got PG again. It wasn't planned and I didn't even realise until I was almost twelve weeks. At first I was horrified but now I'm so glad it happened like that. Molly was just one when Aimee was born, and there was absolutely no jealousy. It was hard work for me at first, having two babies, but it's worked out really well. They play together so well, they're inseperable!

I waited a while for baby number three, and the two girls adore their baby brother!

I agree with a lot of the things Dionne has said as my 2 have just under 14 months between them. Physicaly I found the pregnancy quite easy cos my body hadn't got back to normal after Aimee anyway. It was hard feeding her with morning sickness and not being able to get down on the floor with her (or get back up again). Everything else about having them so close together is easier than a large gap i think. When Aimee was born my eldest was 5 and I hit me really hard loosing my freedom again cos she was in school. This time I haven't noticed any difference! I already have all the stuff so didn't really need to do anything when Nathan was born and I had been so much easier with him.

Well after a terrible birth with my first and also being alone for a few years i waited until i found "Mr Right" got married and settled into a routine, however it has taken 3 years to get pregnant so although the age gap would have been 7/8 years its now 10/11 but i think the benefits so far are fab, my DD is old enough to understand whats happening we have even done "the talk" so shes pretty clued up for a 10 year old,
She also can't wait for her little brother to be born and is probably looking forward to it more than me!!! :rotfl:

I really dont think there is a right gap or wrong one, just right for the individual i guess :wink:

My OH was talking about this last night, we haven't even had Number 1 yet!!

he says he doesn't want to wait too long after this one to ty again, maybe 18 months to 2 years. I'm not sure, I want to see how I feel really, I don't want to promise him something I might change my mind about, lol!!

We are planning to start TTC #2 in December, when Austin will be 9 months old. There is only 15 months between me and my sister (older) and 18 months between me and my brother (younger), and we've always been really close. I'd love it if my kids could have a similar bond.

Theres 2 yrs between all mine, and i have the same probs, when baby is born youngest will be 2 and too small to walk but to big for a pushchair, i think im going to invest in a sling thingy this time round...

their is just over a year between abigail and tia and the same age gap between jordan and tia and their is 16 months between jordan and hayden, we are already planning trying again when hayden is 9 months!!!

well there is 9 years difference between my brother and me, and to be honest i dont think we are as close as we would be if we were round the same age, i mean, im nearly 20 whereas he has just turned 11 - theres so many years difference its impossible to be soo close!!! although dont get me wrong i love him to bits!!!

i think around a year-two years age gap is the best - that way your little babas can grow up with each other!!

:D

There are 7 years between my two but that wasn't planned. I was really worried about how my daughter would cope but my two totally adore each other. Morgaine is like another mother and takes a really hands on approach and feels really involved while Rowan has this adoring expression in his face and smiles whenever he sees her. No doubt there will be problems to overcome but their love for each other is so strong I feel sure they will always be close.

4 years between them and was planned that way. Don't think I could have coped with 2 close together as I found daughter hard work at first. this has been great. They are close - but don't play together yet. My problem is planning 3rd - don't want to wait too long this time as don't want too big of gap between daughter who is now 5 and 1/2 and new baby. So watch this space.

We started TTC#2 when Caitie was around 18 months old, after a year nothing had happened so I saw my doctor, and just before her third birthday we finally got an appointment to see a consultant to get Clomid. It was while waiting for a period that never did come to start on Clomid, that I realised I was pregnant with this miracle child :lol: When he or she is born, Caitlin will be 3 yrs and 9 months old :D

little*red said:
hey ladies
just wondering how long you all waited from having your first baby until trying again for your second.

14 YEARS :rotfl:

My son was 2 when I got pregnant with my daughter. I think a couple of years between kids is great. Its nice to have children so close in age :) they will have someone to play with then when your getting on with the housework lol.

Might be pg with you again next time round L*R....DH & I have decided to try from next Nov/ Dec so that there is a couple of years between too........ :cheer:

Me too! Looking at starting in september as I want a summer baby. We've got me in december, Stace in January, my OH on 24th Feb and Eefie on 28th Feb so want to break it up a bit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back