How long before due date....

Bob

Reaction score
Hi girls

How long before your due date are you all planning on taking maternity leave? :think:

This is my first pregnancy so not sure how i'll be nearer the time.

Where's my crystal ball? :|

x

99 days until my due date for me! :)

of course im taking maternity leave! wh wouldn't! :D

oh ive re rea the post! :oops:

im going on maternity leave whn i feel i can't do anymore! :lol: :lol:

I'm not starting maternity leave until I'm 35 weeks, but I've been off sick for 4 weeks with a bad back and now SPD, and I'm not going back until after my maternity finishes.

If you've got an understanding employer, set a date now for further along, but ask them how flexible they are.

Think that's what i'm gonna have to do aswell.

work wants a date and i just don't know what to tell them. :doh:

Hope all our employers will be flexible - who's knows what we'll feel like in our last month or 2? :wall:

YOU DON'T HAVE TO TELL THEN UNTILL 11 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR DUE DATE BOB! DON'T FEEL PRESURED!

Oh, never knew that Budge.

Thanks for that hun. :hug:

I'm planning on leaving 22 Sept (3 weeks before LO is due) but will play it by ear! You just don;t know how you are going to be feeling. Like this i imagine :sleep:

Im lucky, i dont work and wont be after the baby is born so i dont have to worry about this! I will be living in another country though which is a wee bit scary lo

I'm a jammy git as I'm a school teacher and we break up for the summer when I'm 30 weeks. I will then go back for 1 inset day when I'm 36 weeks before starting my maternity leave. In the right job see lol
Last time I worked until I was 35 weeks and that was tough I have to admit.

I am self employed but found out today that I can get maternity pay from 4 weeks before my due date so I may well fiish working or at least slow down by then. I think it depends on how stressful your job is. The later you leave it the more time off you can have when your LO is here :)

Miracle Babe - you are a jammy git! :clap:
That's gonna work out perfect for you.

I'd love to be like a few of you lucky girls that don't work - hoping that when LO is born i'll quit my day job and just work from home with my second job (i make jewellery). although a baby and blow torch probably isn't the best combination! :roll:

Bob said:
Miracle Babe - you are a jammy git! :clap:
That's gonna work out perfect for you.

I'm also missing a school inspection in Nov :cheer:
I couldn't have planned this if I'd tried :lol:

Baby, blow torch now there's a thought lol

I was planning to work until 22nd December when we finish for christmas in work....I will be 37 weeks :think:

Does this sound too late? I want to spend as much time off afterwards, I still have nearly 4 weeks holidays I am saving too...

I work flexi time so I am lucky I can survuve at the mo on a flexi day leave a month.

My job is desk bound so luckily I wont be on my feet all day, and my collegues are so supportive, they wont even let me make a cup of tea at the mo and I am only 14 weeks!! They have been really brillant, everyone is so pleased for me so I am dead lucky xx

Yeah think your be ok if you can sit down all day Zoe, but you never know!!

Im a beauty therapist, very physical job and I have spoken to other therapists who have said by 32 weeks they were just too tired standing on their feet all day, couldnt do massages cos their bumps were in the way etc, etc, so im leaving at 32 weeks. 3 days before my 21st birthday as well :cheer:

Im leaving at 36 weeks.
Not sure if i will be able to go for that long..but i am going to try :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back