Is anyone else temping at the moment?

Lara_M

Reaction score
I am in my two week wait. First time trying to conceive since my chemical pregnancy back in November. Gutted.

I got my positive opk on Wednesday and pain in right ovary for the last three days. All good signs. So to confirm ovulation I am keeping an eye on my morning temperatures - hoping to see a rise to confirm ovulation did actually take place.

(I have PCOS so on some cycles I don't ovulate).

I have not seen a sharp temp rise yet. Only a little rise this morning.

How long after your posotive ovulation test do you ladies normally find that you have a temp rise? I have read that approx 48 hrs after LH surge is average.

Anyone able to help me cos they are also temping?

x

Sorry about your chemical pregnancy hun :hugs:

I think I ov'd on CD14 as had ov pain that day. Had slight temp rise CD16 then again CD17. Once you've had 3 consecutive rises than this confirms you ov'd. Are you using Fertilitty Friend? x x

Hi Vixxie!

Thanks, no I am not using Fertility Friend although someone else mentoned this - is it good?

Congrats on your pregnancy! When did you get your BFP! Must have been recently. So exciting.

I hope I ovulated successfully, guess I have to wait for the temps over next couple of days but hoping that the very bruised feeling right side of my pelvis is a good sign! x

Yes FF is good, google it, its free to chart on there.

I got my bfp a week ago :) thanks hun. Very exciting, still can't believe it!

Good luck with getting your bfp hun :dust: x x

ah brilliant! and how much of a temp rise did you get during this successful cycle?
Did you have any noticeable 2ww symptoms? x

Hi Lara - I've been temping for about a month now and my temp rose a couple of days after ov, but apparently people's temps can rise in different patterns.. I use FF to chart and I think it's pretty good although someone on this forum said TCOYF site is better, so might give that a try next month. FF also has lots of info about temping, so some of your questions might be answered there. Also I've been reading a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility and it says there are different patterns to temp rising:

Temperature dip before rise
Stair step pattern of temperature rise
Slow rise pattern
Fall Back pattern

Maybe you can google to check them out as it would take me ages to explain them here.

Also, just so you're aware, the book talks about the fact that some woman may not have a thermal shift but that doesn't mean they haven't ov'd and that some temperature rises aren't obvious, so I guess everyone is different... Also, are you sure you're following all the rules for temping as this may effect the results too. I'd def check out ff as this gives lots of info

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/HelpCenter/ffhandbook.html

Hope this helps - good luck with it all xx

Hi Lara - I've been temping for about a month now and my temp rose a couple of days after ov, but apparently people's temps can rise in different patterns.. I use FF to chart and I think it's pretty good although someone on this forum said TCOYF site is better, so might give that a try next month. FF also has lots of info about temping, so some of your questions might be answered there. Also I've been reading a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility and it says there are different patterns to temp rising:

Temperature dip before rise
Stair step pattern of temperature rise
Slow rise pattern
Fall Back pattern

Maybe you can google to check them out as it would take me ages to explain them here.

Also, just so you're aware, the book talks about the fact that some woman may not have a thermal shift but that doesn't mean they haven't ov'd and that some temperature rises aren't obvious, so I guess everyone is different... Also, are you sure you're following all the rules for temping as this may effect the results too. I'd def check out ff as this gives lots of info

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/HelpCenter/ffhandbook.html

Hope this helps - good luck with it all xx

Thanks for this post, I have been on FF and started to graph my temps for the last month. Really chuffed with my little chart so thanks very much for the tip.

Looks like I did ovulate, so I am pretty much ocnvinced I am 4dpo. I thought I was probably about that, but thats where FF has put me, so thats helpful.

How many DPO are you? x x x

Hiya hon - great you've started on fertility friend :) I love my chart too! It makes life a lot easier.... I'm now 5dpo but not hugely hopeful this month. When's your af due? xx

Well I would expect AF around about next Thursday. so a while to go yet.
Interestingly I had faint but sharp little twinges centrally but low down this afternoon, off and on for about an hour. Gone now though.
Why aren't you hopeful this month? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back