how does everyone cope with ms/symptoms while working full time?

christyleigh

Reaction score
hello everyone,
i'm new here and just needed to chat to some people that might be in similar positions...
i think im currently 7/8 weeks and have just started a full time job in retail...
really struggling with m/s, well all day sickness and constantly exhausted, can't face eating and really struggling...
obviously just started this job so on probation and told my area manager who has been really supportive. im just so worried that i'm not going to be able to keep it up while feeling so rubbish.
also i'm completely neurtoc and worried im not looking after myself as i should be doing... just need some moral support, or advice from you guys who have been through this,
thanks so much.
christy.

Carbs and starch helped me through the day. Nibbles and often, even when it seems like the last thing in the world you want to do. White bread, chips, wotsits, quavers, rich tea bickies xx

yeah i'm on the crackers and crisps but i worry that i should be eating better things, i'm not the healthiest person in the world and i feel guilty i'm eating rubbish :(

take your multivits and accept that you are doing what you need to do to get through these few weeks, hopefully it won't last and you can more healthy once the sickness subsides. not eating makes me feel worse so unless its really bad follow cos's advice, eat a good breakfast, protein and carbs together can apparently help, then have something to nibble on. when i was travelling last week i had a few digestives in a plastic bag so that i could just break pieces off now and again to calm any queasiness and eat a decent amount at meal times to top up your blood sugar! hope it works!.xx

thanks ladies, really appreciate it.
RE: multivits, am only taking my folic acid, should i be taking anything else???
xxxx

I found that I pushed on through, and struggled on (also just started a new job so wanted to make a good impression!) - but that actually I needed to take a bit more time for myself.

Last week I got signed off sick from work - felt really guilty about it but it made all the difference...all my energy levels are back to normal and I can do my job much better now that I have had a rest. Doctor was really understanding too.

Not recommending that you take laods of time off or anything, but make sure you listen o your body, and when it becomes too much, take a break - there is no shame in putting yourself and your baby first!

Hope ms eases off for you soon though :) xx

hello everyone,
i'm new here and just needed to chat to some people that might be in similar positions...
i think im currently 7/8 weeks and have just started a full time job in retail...
really struggling with m/s, well all day sickness and constantly exhausted, can't face eating and really struggling...
obviously just started this job so on probation and told my area manager who has been really supportive. im just so worried that i'm not going to be able to keep it up while feeling so rubbish.
also i'm completely neurtoc and worried im not looking after myself as i should be doing... just need some moral support, or advice from you guys who have been through this,
thanks so much.
christy.

I know exactly how you feel. I have a high pressured job and can't just walk out at 5,30, I have to get my work done. I have now planned my week out for this week and plan to stick to it. I have decided I am not working long hours as the priority is my baby. I had a melt down yesterday though which I think I have recovered from!
I think you should probably talk to your area manager regarding how you feel. In addition, ensure that you do eat as not eating seems to always make me feel 100% worse and I have to eat as soon as I am hungry even a light snack.
I have been told your liver keeps a lot of the nutrients it needs so whilst I am feeling rubbish I tend to eat what I fancy which admittedly doesnt tend to be a wide range of foods!

i work in the trafford centre so i have ridiculous working hours! yeah i'm meeting with my area manager tomorrow so hopefully she will continue to be supportive. i cannot wait for these symptoms to pass, its so awful!!! xxx

thanks ladies, really appreciate it.
RE: multivits, am only taking my folic acid, should i be taking anything else???
xxxx

you can take multivits if you want, but its not a must. I take the tesco pregnancy ones (you should only take pregnancy ones to avoid vitamin A) if you are worries about your diet taking them will set your mind at ease if you aren't eating well at the moment, although baby will probably take everything they need from you! Bear in mind that some people say the multivits make them feel sick,although that hasn't happened to me!

just swallowing my folic acid are a nightmare at the moment :( i think i've read somewhere to take them at night so im gonna start doing that xxx

ooh you poor thing! sounds rough! def make sure you've got support at work and keep eating when you can, i know sometimes its tough xx

thank you to everybody. i want to feel happy but i just feel so apprehensive/sick/scared/lonely.
i'll blame it on the hormones!!! xx

Hormones are mean! I was in tears yesterday afternoon for no reason! Hopefully you will feel better soon!

hi christy

I am in the same boat as you lol! I work fulltime and I am shattered constantly and the more tired I am the more I feel sick. The sickness has died down since hitting the 7/8weeks mark.

The thing that stopped my sickness most is eating, I would notice I wasnt sick at weekends as this is when I pigged out lol.

I know its hard and the last thing you want to think about and its sometimes worse when you try force it but you should keep some grapes or other fruit/nibbley things.

Luck xxxx

guys i've had 2 bowls of cocopops and some ginger biscuits and i feel the best i've felt all day, you are so right. its just hard when you're at work and can't/dont want to take constant breaks!!!
now its just sorting my head out... if anyone wants to chat i'd love to hear from you. im pretty much on my own, i have OH, but he works opposite shifts to me so feeling pretty lonely. thanks for all your support xxx

Hey just popped over from baby & toddler when I seen your post I had to respond.

MS is something I had particular problems with when I was pg last year. I also work full time & tbh I felt like I was gonna have to leave my job. It was so so very bad. I had the dry boke all day, sitting on the bus at my desk dry retching all day was rediculous. I got pills off the doc as a last resort but they only just took the edge off. I just battled thro but I noticed it only happened when my tummy was empty & even tho i was sick constantly it really is worth it just to shove a biscuit down your throat just to line your stomach.

Good luck & its true what they say it does die down the further on you get. Mines started getting better around 13/14 weeks & went away completely by 16 weeks

xxxxxxxx

oh yes, buses/ travelling full stop is a nightmare for me too. its bad enough getting to work let alone spending the day there. i know it will pass EVENTUALLY but not knowing how far i am, or how long it will go on for is just so frustrating!
sorry for moaning and thanks for listening xxx

You dont need to say thanks chick, its what the forum is for, have a good old moan. Its bloomin tough the first stages of pregnancy, esp when you dont feel particularly pregnant but you feel like crap. It does get better. But empty stomach def makes it worse. Something I heard about after I had LO was ginger capsules?? Not sure if you've tried them already

xxxxxxxxxx

well these ginger biscuits are doing the job for now, any tablets i'm taking are just making me retch so i'll stick with biscuits till they stop working haha! :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back