flu

amy

Reaction score
:cry: hi im am so ill, i have the flu, im in so much pain, im really worried about the baby, went to doctors yesterday, and she was horrible, she just said go to bed and drink water, that was it. it took me ages to get out of bed. has anybody else had flu or know of anyone who has had while pregnant, cause im at the early stages im thinking it might be effecting the baby?im not eating properly at all. hope everyone else is well. gooing back to bed, think my 5 month is getting it as well, really worried about that as well!!!! :(

Hi, I was advised that the most " dangerous" thing for the baby was having a high temperature which can usually be lowered with paracetamol. Otherwise no major problems. I guess you need to try to eat something though, of course easier said than done when you feel rubbish. Hope your feeling better soon x

Hi pet,
The doctors arent exactly helpful are they. Im pretty sure your baby is okay in there but try to drinking. If you go 24-48 hours without siping water or eating dont bother with the doc, call your maternity hospital.
I called my midwife last week when I had puked every half hour for 12 hours and she assured me that baby was fine but to try and get fluids. That doesnt exactly make you feel any better. The last post was spot on as well, its the high temperature that worries them.

Have a cup of tea without milk with a spoonfull of honey in it.

Hope you feel better soon.

Laura.

Think i have the flu too. My body is hurting so much and cannot sleep. My o/h made me take yesterday off work and he looked after me, but am back today but feel like crap and want to sleep. I have not taken anything and am drinking water and thats about it. Hope you get well soon. Lisa

lmwarr said:
Think i have the flu too. My body is hurting so much and cannot sleep. My o/h made me take yesterday off work and he looked after me, but am back today but feel like crap and want to sleep. I have not taken anything and am drinking water and thats about it. Hope you get well soon. Lisa
:cry: bless you, i took some paracetamol, which the nurse said i could, it did help a bit, i feel so much better now though, thank goodness. i do hope you feel better soon. amy :)

Both times I was pregnant, I had the flu right before I found out. I'm sure I took loads of stuff I shouldn't have too. :shock: Glad you're feeling better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back