• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do you keeping yourself sane?

PinkPanther

Reaction score
During the last few weeks? I have potentially 3-5 weeks to go and I'm already driving myself mad with it all!

The last few weeks are definitely the hardest. So what are you doing to take your mind off the impending birth?

Ahh I cant help as im getting very impatient now too.. im trying to plan stuff but all I can think about is that I want baby here. My husband comes over on the 6th may so I really want baby born before that so he can spend some time with him as hes only here 12 days. My sisters wedding is on the 14th may aswell so I dont want to go too overdue.

Not much help really' I think the best thing is too keep busy but Im struggling to walk for long so there isnt much to do ...

I went insane :) lmao! No really I did drive myself crazy because every little thing I was like 'is this it!'-it wasn't and he 3 days late! Lol. I also walked. A lot! And spent ages on here! Lol! Took up cross stitch and generally spent time with my DD and OH as just the 3 of us for the last time :)

ohh..I feel the same way..
my feet heart and everything..im just so so excited..
I keep myself busy..i play a LOT with my iphone..always looking for games 2 play and stuff..my fiancé does not let me do much..haha
Ann

Doing a bathroom although wouldn't recommend it lol x x

I have ages to go but because I was made redundant I've been off for ages so it's like time is standing still :(
I get so bored, took up baking but keep eating what I've made so I've stopped doing that as much. I've now started looking at the house and at things I can change lol. Even though we don't have much money to re decorate but staring at the same Walls everyday makes me want to change them lol xx

I'm the freak of the forum in that I am happy for baby to stay in a bit longer ....so every little twinge I get I'm very laid back and think 'nahh it's nothing' as I don't feel ready to have him yet!! I am doing all the things to AVOID bringing on labour...no lotions and potions, no bouncing on ball, am cutting down on walking this week and now hubby has banned sex, lol!! Despite all this baby is fully engaged....I really do think babies just come when they are ready and focusing too much on trying to get them out just results in stress and anxiety and makes time drag even more!!It's like that saying...'a watched pot never boils' lol. So I just try to take it easy...read alot, watch tv, spend too much time on the internet!! xx

Last edited:
I'm the freak of the forum in that I am happy for baby to stay in a bit longer ....so every little twinge I get I'm very laid back and think 'nahh it's nothing' as I don't feel ready to have him yet!! I am doing all the things to AVOID bringing on labour...no lotions and potions, no bouncing on ball, am cutting down on walking this week and now hubby has banned sex, lol!! Despite all this baby is fully engaged....I really do think babies just come when they are ready and focusing too much on trying to get them out just results in stress and anxiety and makes time drag even more!!It's like that saying...'a watched pot never boils' lol. So I just try to take it easy...read alot, watch tv, spend too much time on the internet!! xx

I was the same with my first and was in no rush to get him out.. good job as i ended up being induced when i was two weeks over. The reason I wannt him out this time is I want to get home to my husband. Hes over for 12 days and Im hoping baby comes before he gets here so we can spend the whole time altogether as hes going to have to leave us again for a month after that. Im not doing anything to try and get him out though except hoping :D

Well I officially finshed work on Friday. So far. I went to work on Saturday, did 7 hour from home on Monday, 5 hours from home yesterday and will do afew hours this evening. My house is cleaned to within an inch of it's life and I did all my ironing this morning. Now i'm bored. I'm finding the transition weird.

I'm just trying to enjoy the time I have left because soon its going to be a bit mad.

The last week or so I've started to think omg I am actually having a baby, its a but scary :lol:

Over the last week I have spent time on the Internet and reading. In the afternoons I've had a little nap and tried to read. Bit hard to do with a 3 year old though.

It wouldn't normally bother me but I'm in pain with the spd and BH's are really strong that I feel as though someone is turning the clock backwards. I've never been a patient person!

Girls,
I just read about an App for hearing your babysheartbeat.....It sounds 2good 2 be true and yet brilliant..have any of you heard about it?? i will downloaded since it is only about 3£..Let u all know if it's worth the buy..

ive registered to online BINGOOOOOOOOOOOO hahahah

its cracking an keeps u entertained, infact last friday i won 1.200 quid not bad for 20 pound x

other then that i really enjoy thu fridays as i get e to my self as lil lads at play group, mon tue wed im out doing summat with him or just busy with him, sat sun is family time, x x x

So i bought the App i was telling u about it..it's called mybabysbeat..and it took a few tries..and u have to be in a quiet room...but i could hear his heartbeat very well!!! I'm amazed by the Apps people are inventing..I figure it's a new world..right??

Ann

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back