How do you eat dinner?

Assuming you weren't joking about her always waking while you are making dinner, maybe she is being woken by the smell. For a long time smells such as cooking would wake DD. Now we close the kitchen door and there's no problem.

I eat when ryan is in bed as he seem's to smell dinner and thinks if he winges and stares at me for long enough he will get some

My husband makes it when I am feeding Jacob (whenever that happens to be) then one of us holds him and we eat as fast as we can! If he gets upset, we lay him on the floor and sit next to him, shaking his legs and standing him up (he loves doing both of those things) and let our dinner get cold. One of us will finish while the other entertains and then we trade. If he isn't finished feeding when dinner is ready, we let it sit there and turn the oven/stove back on to heat it again... We don't have a microwave and don't plan on getting one after living without for over 9 years!

OH gets in at 10.30pm so I usually havent even began to cook anything until then unless LO is being a good boy and is in bed already! Some times I dont even eat I am so tired and just end up going to bed! If I am lucky OH will get us a takeaway on his way home from work!

In the early days we used to take it in turns or sit bouncing the bouncy chair/pushing the pram. I got very good at eating one handed! Now that she is older we all eat together at 6ish and she generally has whatever we are having (we are doing BLW) which works really well. It does get much easier though as they get older, especially if you can eat when they do.

Steelgoddess said:
The only thing is I feel SOOO GUILTY he watches us as if to say "Wheres Mine Mummy?" and I just feel so guilty eating something he can;t have, does anyone else get that???

I never felt guilty in the least :lol: Just remember that at that age they are not aware of food like we are and also if he did have it it would do more harm than good at his age.

I didn't feel worried or bad about us eating in front of Galen until about 3 weeks ago when he started taking a much keener interest in our food and us eating. Hence deciding to go with BLW starting 10 days ago. He's done brilliantly already and I know he was ready for it then, not before, so don't mind in the least I made him wait till he was 5 months and 2 weeks old :lol: Before then I would have been weaning him for myself not because he was ready for it.

I'm sure Hay will let you know when he wants to try food :) Till then you enjoy and don't feel guilty at all :D The 4 month growth spurt can be mistaken for needing weaning but often its just the growth spurt and it passes.

Ivy sits and giggles at us most of the time, she watches us like we are magic for making the food disappear! But now shes turning grumpy I like my dinner served chilled haha! I wait till oh has his then I eat it cold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back