How do you get things done when you have a baby?

I used to do mine when he napped, anything major had to wait till the weekend till the hubs was home and could take him off my hands for a bit. I had a swing upstairs as well as he'd sleep for a while in so i could give my upstairs a good going. Now he's 16 months, it's impossible to keep on top of it in the day, evey time i polish, he goes along after me with his hands and pulling everything apart lol. So every night when he goes to bed i give the downstairs a polish, wash the sofas, do dishes, put them all away, wash and put clothes on radiators and hoover and wash the floors. Sometimes as much as it's frustrating to see, you have to turn a blind eye to the mess. I used to get so stressed about the state on the house, now i just leave him too it and sort it out when he's napping or in bed.

Thanks ladies. The activity chair thing looks great but we're running out of room as it is with all her toys! She is sitting unsupported well now, but does occasionally still fall backwards so I have to surround her with cushions. By what you're all saying, I think the key is to keep on top of things as much as possible so that it doesn't all build up. Do little and often. Thanks for your answers I'll see how I get on, and I'll ask OH to help out more. x

I don't get much done when I'm on my own with her, but worth every penny was her activity station thing - http://www.babycity.co.uk/baby-entertainers-walkers-wheelies-Bright-Starts-Bounce-Baby-pd-3232.html - got it in the Asda Baby Event sale when she was 4 months or you can get similar on Ebay etc; she sits in that happily for a while so I can get stuff done and it's easily moved from room to room. Now she's 9 months and it lives in the kitchen so when I'm cooking our meals she can be in the room safely, and she also gets popped in it afterwards while I wash up etc.

wow those activity centres look great. I cope when chloes goes to sleep at night i run around till this mad hour catchin up on cleaning... im drained lol but it feels worse if i wake up to mess! i cant wait till chloes alittle older as you've all got some great ideas for when the can sit unaided properly & entertain herself . i can rarely leave the room without chloe noticing and crying . but little and often pays off. when i manage to sneak my shower in i clean the bathroom too lol and when visitors come oh god the minute i offer them a cuppa i catch up on my washin up at the same time lmao! it is a struggle sometimes but you can only do what you can do and every mom understands that at some points every bit of housework builds up xxx

Oh yeah I do that, if someone comes round who I can leave LO with safely (ie not my brother lol) I'll do a couple of jobs while making them a cuppa :lol:.

Oooo i forgot, at aound you lo's age i bought a playnest, it was a godsend! Put a couple of toy s in and as he couldn't quite sit up yet he was well supported by the bouncy sides if he stumbled forward. He loved it! I recommend them to everyone!

I have a door bouncer on the kitchen door which Lucas goes in when I am cooking, washing up or cleaning the kitchen. Because Lucas sits well now I just carry him room to room and let him sit there and play with some toys while I do a quick clean. I generally do most things like cleaning the bathroom when OH is home at the weekend. I find it easier to keep downstairs clean and just leave upstairs till the weekend. No guests go upstairs anyway. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back