• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do we, mums keep sanity after having a baby?

MissThing

Reaction score
Hello all!

I just wonder what new mums do to cheer up.

Apart from having a baby we are moving all its just crazy!
So, I decided to have each evening "me time". Its when for 1 hour I spend time pampering myself! I take a bath with smelly oils, read book and yesterday I even managed to put a face mask :dance: :D

As well, after spending 2 weeks (and I dont count those last weeks of pregnancy) in maternity bottoms (charming black ones with oversized bum) I went for some shopping and got myself new jeans and top and shoes which have heels!! (Finally!!!) And I am feeling soooooo much better now!

What do you, ladies do? :D

i meet my sister and friends in town. i phone me mum acouple of times a week too and usually have a random moan lol

Hi Carina,

Welcome to parenthood!

Even though Naomi is now 20 months old, OH and I set aside time each week for "us time" - which is as important as "me time". We go out, snuggle on the sofa with a movie, go for a walk or make love - even more important now we're trying for number 2!

When Naomi was smaller, I had "me time" while she was sleeping, and OH has always been very good at taking her and giving me a break. Now I have "me time" after school ( I teach) when I can go to the gym or meet friends for coffee before I pick her up from the creche.

Shopping IS great though - nothing like a spot of retail therapy to get a gal feeling better!

Sue

I don't really have "me time".I'm living at home with my parents and I feel guilty if I'm not doing something to help out,etc.Even though my mum would be only too glad to take Willow for a bit.

I loved my bath when D was first born...

I love once D is in bed the liunge tidy to just sit down with a cup of tea...gosh what a wild life i lead :rotfl:

Its really hard in the first few weeks but it gets better I promise!

Forgot what 'me time' was for the first 2months, then things got a bit easier, and now Isaac's in bed by 8:00pm most nights I've lots of me time, but now just want to go wake him, think I'm bit mad :lol: In my 'me time', I like to DO NOTHING hehe I usually ring a friend or watch some TV with OH, have a bath, work hard at some TTC'ing, ANYTHING I want because it's 'me time' :D

i ju,p in the bath with a good book and some chocolate and i alwasy wash my hair as that alone makes me feel better, thogh this weekend im getting it all cut off, woohoo

Hi

I have a bath when the kids are napping and at night Bernie and i try to find at least an hour to snuggle on the couch when the kids go to bed :D
Katrina

It is really important and thats why everyone should get their babies in routine so you can have me time

*LOL*

cloud 9, the cup of tea issue is an important one. I remember complaining on here when Naomi was very small that I no longer got to finish a cup of tea - ever!

*has a root for the post*

Wonder if it's still on here!

Sue

Carina said:
Hello all!

I just wonder what new mums do to cheer up.

Apart from having a baby we are moving all its just crazy!
So, I decided to have each evening "me time". Its when for 1 hour I spend time pampering myself! I take a bath with smelly oils, read book and yesterday I even managed to put a face mask :dance: :D

As well, after spending 2 weeks (and I dont count those last weeks of pregnancy) in maternity bottoms (charming black ones with oversized bum) I went for some shopping and got myself new jeans and top and shoes which have heels!! (Finally!!!) And I am feeling soooooo much better now!

What do you, ladies do? :D

i go spinning . i really enjoy it.

I'm back into acting, and rehearsing/performing is totally me time.

I'm lucky to have such an understanding husband, but I love it. It keeps me sane :D

I dont really get me time, when the oh comes in from work he feeds him his evening bottles and that is the time i get to tidy the living room and the only bit of me time i get so i usually am on the internet, that is unless he starts shouting for me during his bottle and then i usually have to take over.

As for us time for me and my oh we havent had any of that either as the last couple of times we have gone out we have been called to go home within an hour cause he wouldnt stop screaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back