Clothes for after baby

hels

Reaction score
hi....I thought id ask you guys.
I need some advice regarding clothes to wear after baby, i realise everyone differs, but what sort of clothes did you wear? how long before you were back in to jeans???
I was going to go to primark today and get a few pairs of joggy bottoms (a whole £4 each!! :shock: bargin!!) do you think ill need quite a few pairs? i really cant face wearing my maternity clothes again, or will i need to?
my OH bought me some gorgeous jeans for xmas in a 14 to wear for after baby, i can get them on but there is about a six " gap to be able to zip them. im hoping they'll fit for summer.
Any tips or advice more than welcome!!

im still in maternity bottoms :(

they are big tho so im constantly pulling them up. top wize i fit back in to all my old pre pregnant tops :D

im just over an inch away from getting back to my jeans, hopefuly another couple of weeks and i will be there.

ebay ebay ebay!!

I am hoping to lose some weight in the next few weeks (months ;) ) So I am buying clothes from ebay for next to nothing to tide me over for when I am a size 8 again. (wishful thinking) lol

Lou

Right after I had Ava, I wore alot of sweatpants. I managed to fit into some of my pre-preggo clothes, but I went up a size up in jeans thanks to my hips.

Are you planning on breastfeeding? If so you'll need lots of quite baggy tops so you can get baby's head under there!

I bought loads of long sleeved t-shirt type ones from tesco for £2 each!

Also comfy trousers are a must!

Yeah was planning on breast feeding, So ill put some big tee's on shopping list then too. or may just wear OH's for a while!
Tops will be more of a problem i think cos im normally a 16 and got big boobs, which im guessing will only get bigger! plus my tummy was hideous even before baby, god knows how big it'll be after!
Thanks for the advice

Make sure your trousers are stretchy and not too tight or it will be painful 'down there' when you bend down, that's what i found

I'm in joggies and a pair of jeans a size bigger than I was prepregnancy.

I am still wearing my maternity clothes although they are too big for me now!!! But I cannot get into my pre-pregnancy clothes at all :evil: Treid to buy some size 16 trousers as I was a 14 but they were too small too, they fit up to the belly and then I can not do them up :roll:

So I have decided not to buy any clothes until i can fit in my prepregnancy clothes!!!!!!!!

Hi Hels...

Three and a half weeks later and my pre pregnancy jeans ALMOST close...I'm using a hair bobbin to extend the waist slightly just like I did at 15/16 weeks pregnant. I am nursing however and they say that helps you get your shape back more quickly.

Having said that, though, my maternity jeans are still much in evidence, as they were easier on my tummy and my wound site which is still infected. *sigh* AND I'm going to have to take the loose and flowing option for Naomi's Christening on Sunday.

Sue

I can only fit in one pair of prepreg jeans, at a push, and my belly hangs over still :? yuk.

I wish I could like in jogpants, OH would call me a chav though. Had to throw out so many pairs of trousers due to my new found motherly hips and have gone up a size in bottoms.

The comfier the trousers the better hun, I wore my maternity trews for a while afterwards still as I didn't like anything too tight around that area of my tummy.

Hope you have a lovely christening day sue!
so it does look like it'll be summer at least til i get in to my gorgeous 14 animal jeans then? BUM!!!
A couple of weeks after baby im going to have to go trying on wedding dresses too, getting wed in august, thats going to make me feel grea isnt it!!?? maybe ill just look under 'marquee' (sp) in the yellow ppages!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back