How do pre eclampisa headaches present thereself?

luckylucky

Reaction score
Started getting headaches yest and woke in night with one and have one now.

I got pregnancy related migraines from 14- 22 weeks which were painful but these headaches fell different not so much constant pain more like shooting pains across sides and from head and behind eyes.

Im 39 weeks , wandering if i should go 2 walk in to get bp checked?

Having had pre-eclampsia, I'd say it's always worth getting your bp checked out, especially with any new type of headache.

As for the headaches associated with pre-eclampsia. I had a hideous one at 28 weeks - basically couldn't move with the pain, it was totally crippling, like a migraine only 10 times worse. I had a very similar headache on admission at 35+5, but also felt "off", can't really explain it. None in between these though.

Hopefully it's just a headache xx

My pains were accompanied with flashing lights, so very much like a migraine. Usually through one eye, right to the back of my head, and also at the base of my skull! I couldn't do anything for them, the pain was so abnormal I just could not function!

I had this with my 1st. I went upto the mat unit with reduced movement , swelling & headaches.

When i got there my Bp was sky high & Harrisons Hb was mega fast (too fast).

I remember my hands swelling while i was on the monitors & you could actually watch my fingers getting more swollen before your eyes!!!

I was 39 weeks & induced.

Get checked, Better to be safe than sorry! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back