Headaches - please help

jenjen

Reaction score
:wall: Aarrrggghhhhhh..... I've constantly got a headache. It's really starting to get me down now. It's really random too, I think it's starting to ease a bit and then it comes back with a vengeance. I know that taking paracetamol is ok during pregnancy but I try not to take it too often, and I still feel guilty that I'm taking too much. Sometimes it doesn't even work anyway. I went to bed a 9pm last night because my head hurt so bad, but I just woke up feeling the same. In fact lying down/sleeping actually seems to make it worse sometimes.

I suffer with migraines (although haven't had one for months now *touch wood*) so I know that these are just headaches and nothing as severe as a migraine, but it's just the fact that I don't seem to be getting a break from them that's getting me down. I've been suffering for a couple of weeks now almost every single day.

Does anybody know of anything I can do to help ease it?

After reading "please help" I really wanted to but can't :( You're going to get "drink water" etc... But to be honest, it doesn't really help me when I have one so I'm not sure if it will help you?

I've fortunately never suffered from migraines but I know how irritating headaches are so here's a big ol' hug for you :hug:

Hope you feel better soon? Maybe have a bath and a nice cold drink and see if that helps?

Sorry I'm no help! :doh: xx

Maybe try putting a cold flannel over your forehead?
sorry i don't really have any suggestions but didn't want to read and run. hope you feel better soon :hug:

Thanks girls for your concern. I'm so hydrated that my weewee looks like water :oops: so that's not the problem. I haven't tried the cold flannel thing, perhaps I'll give it a go. Hopefully it's just a hormonal thing that'll settle soon :roll:

Oooorr..

Those cool head things that you slap on your forehead that stick? xx

How about propping yourself up in bed, instead of lying flat? Just incase the blood flow of lying right down isn't helping. Long shot?

I cant really help by giving advice but wanted to say I know how you feel! I've had headaches almost every day some have been full blown migraines which have made me violently sick. I too dont want to take too many paracetemol but if it helps to make life more bareable I do have them. Although ometimes they dont touch it, the only solution then is sleep, which sometimes I've had to do all day! I was given tramadol by the Dr when it was really bad but have only taken this once and it made me worse, try not to take this its dodgy I'm sure! Have you had your eyes tested recently it might be that you need some glasses to rest your eyes? It could also be a sign of increased blood pressure so if you havent had that checked recently it might be worth seeng your midwife or Dr, they might also be able to suggest some herbal alternatives to try? Hope they get better soon :)

Hi,

I have been suffering headaches aswell and I dont normally get them. The doc said to take two paracetmol four times for one day and see if it shifted and then I went down :wall: . He said to check the computer at work and watch if I am squinting in the sun, if none of that helped he said it might be something I was eating. Chocolate is common for headaches. I havent had one in a few weeks (fingers crossed) but it was really getting me down aswell so I feel sorry for you.

LisaX

Hi there,

aww im sorry to hear about your headaches.
:hug:
I spoke to one of the other girls on here the other day about something my friend was advised by her midwife. Apparently bananas are quite good for it? i must admit i didnt expect it to work for me but it did and i was really shocked!
worth a try hun

xxx

aww thanks girls. I haven't had my eyes tested recently, so I might get that done because pregnancy can often mess with your eyesight can't it??!! That's if sleeping propped up with flannels and cool head pads all over my face whilst eating bananas doesn't work! Thanks everyone, anything's/everything's worth a try! I'm gonna look a right sight in bed tonight - lucky DH is away on a night duty :rotfl:

As a seasoned headache sufferer, I would suggest that you look at what you are eating. Maybe you are eating something new now that you are pregnant, or even things you ate before but they are having an effect now that you are pregnant.

Before I knew about the whole peanut controversy, I was eating them at the start to get some protein, and I realised that it was them that were giving me a bad constant headache. As soon as I figured it out, the headaches went.

Try listening to your body to see what it is your head doesnt like :)

Get well soon. :hug:

I've had a continuous headache for the past week now, its really dragging me down and making me feel poo!!! sometimes i can hardly notice its there, but other times, like now, its constantly there and really painful :( its awful, but im trying not to take anything for it!

I keep getting headaches too and I really don't want to take paracetamol as I'm not a good tablet taker at the best of times.

that Forehead stick thing is ok to use in pregnancy as are those pad things that you stick on your forehead. I've not tried the pads but I did try the stick think and although it's a bit wierd my headache did go so I keep it in my bag now in case I need it

Hiya ladies.
I am suffering from headaches ALL the time that blur my vision - it is very panys.
Chocolate makes me feel sick (don't know what is worse headaches or not being able to eat choc) and I work with a PC but have them when I have time off too.... I have tried anything possible!
Midwife says it's the hormones taking over but I am assuming she has NEVER had a headache in her life, never mind them everyday for months!!!
Grrrrrrr

I think you did the best ting as in going to bed... Preggo headaches come and then never go, i think its still the hormones, I have found that I will get a bad headache and then throw up not too long after so could it maybe be something you have eaten? ie certain things set it off??

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back