how did you tell your other half???

LauraM

Reaction score
this is slightly premature lol..but i was just wondering how you all told your partners??did u keep it as a suprise or tell him straight away??!!

Hi Laura,

I posted this in another forum a couple of weeks ago:-

"Just an update on how I told my boyfriend...

A few weeks ago he had trouble sleeping because we had noisy neighbours and so he was wearing earplugs to help to get to sleep.

So on the way home from work I bought a pack of babies dummies. When I got home I said that I had something for him that would help him to sleep in the future. I made him close his eyes and hold out his hands and then I gave him the dummies. When he opened his eyes, he said "How on earth is sucking a dummy going to help me sleep?" I said that they weren't for him. I then just looked at him saying nothing. But then I couldn't stop smiling and he just said "Are you?" and I said yes and started crying! (happy tears!!) He was over the moon!!!! :cheer: "

:cheer: :cheer:

ahhh thats a lovely way to tell him. I keep thinking how i will tell my oh once i am but keep changing it lol

:rotfl:

dpsrm said:
Hi Laura,

I posted this in another forum a couple of weeks ago:-

"Just an update on how I told my boyfriend...

A few weeks ago he had trouble sleeping because we had noisy neighbours and so he was wearing earplugs to help to get to sleep.

So on the way home from work I bought a pack of babies dummies. When I got home I said that I had something for him that would help him to sleep in the future. I made him close his eyes and hold out his hands and then I gave him the dummies. When he opened his eyes, he said "How on earth is sucking a dummy going to help me sleep?" I said that they weren't for him. I then just looked at him saying nothing. But then I couldn't stop smiling and he just said "Are you?" and I said yes and started crying! (happy tears!!) He was over the moon!!!! :cheer: "

awww hun that is a wonderful way of telling your OH :)

what a great way of telling him!! im off 2 stash up on dummies!!! :D

i screamed down the phone in shock :D

I remember sobbing 'The wedding's off!' :lol:

I'd have like to have done it in a nicer way but we weren't TTC. Maybe next time........

This is gonna sound bad but i screamed it all him we were arguein about why i hadn't been drinkin at one of he's mates parties and that i was a cow... so i shouted it at him"its cos i think i'm pregnant!!!!"

then he came flyin towards me sayin sorry and how much he loved me :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: but then went out and didn't come back for 2 days :evil:

Should have seen then what he was like :x

I have no idea how I would tell my OH - I don't think he would be impressed :(

Bee said:

If he wouldn't be impressed does that mean you are taking the decision yourself to force him to become a parent??

I just rang my hubby at work and told him - I was pretty stunned about it to be honest as we had been TTC for 2 years and on fertility treatment, with many negative tests. This was the first positive one I had ever had, so I just sort of blurted it out. Needless to say, he was well chuffed :D

I had originally planned to hang a 'Baby on Board' sign in his car for him to find, but that was only if we had conceived after a short time. As the months dragged on, it just didn't seem to have the same excitement about it.

I was wondering where my period was :lol: then made appt with docs. had to wait a week or 2 then had to phone em and then i found out i was preg. i was worried tho, having had a miscarriage in dec 05 was scared to ring em. also in 05 i showed him my pregnancy test i done, then still got one done by the docs for work reasons and so its on my record.

Fingers crossed said:
Bee said:

If he wouldn't be impressed does that mean you are taking the decision yourself to force him to become a parent??

Nope. We're not trying for kids just now but we had a bit of an accident the other day and I think it freaked him out.

We are wanting kids in the future and like to know everything before hand :D

Well we went to the store to buy pregnancy tests. He and I came home, I took it, came out of the bathroom shaking and he immedietly knew why..lol

nic & keeley said:
This is gonna sound bad but i screamed it all him we were arguein about why i hadn't been drinkin at one of he's mates parties and that i was a cow... so i shouted it at him"its cos i think i'm pregnant!!!!"

then he came flyin towards me sayin sorry and how much he loved me :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: but then went out and didn't come back for 2 days :evil:

aww im guessing you arent together anymore or am i really behind here??!!im sure u do great as you are hun, btw keeley is a gorgeous name..i am thinking of stealing it..mwahaha :lol:

LauraM said:
nic & keeley said:

aww im guessing you arent together anymore or am i really behind here??!!im sure u do great as you are hun, btw keeley is a gorgeous name..i am thinking of stealing it..mwahaha :lol:

Nooo we aren't together anymore but thats a long story and won;t bore people with it again :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thank you hun i love her name i haven't heard of many keeley's :D

Bee said:
Fingers crossed said:
Bee said:

Nope. We're not trying for kids just now but we had a bit of an accident the other day and I think it freaked him out.

We are wanting kids in the future and like to know everything before hand :D

I see :D

i told my oh..

sent him a text saying " hello daddy, im growing in mummys tummy, i will look forward to meeting you"

Bless him he was shocked as i was as well :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back