Question for mums who gave birth with SPD.

MissThing

Reaction score
Hello girls,

I have a very strong SPD.

I am wondering, how long did it take you to get back to normal after vaginal birth and have you been doing anything to get better?
And what was the birth itself like?

Thank you for your replies :)

My hips still lock up occasionally now, but even when they do it's nothing like it was during pregnancy - just makes me think twice before sitting cross legged in front of the TV.

I was on crutches during the pregnancy, but it improved enough to walk normally (well waddle normally) as soon as my waters broke. I had a section so not sure about recovery after a vaginal birth. By the time I was feeling normal after the section, the SPD wasn't bothering me.

I had spd from about 32 weeks. I ended up having forceps delivery wiht Dan. My SPD dissappeared instantly

My hips still lock up occasionally now, but even when they do it's nothing like it was during pregnancy - just makes me think twice before sitting cross legged in front of the TV.

I was on crutches during the pregnancy, but it improved enough to walk normally (well waddle normally) as soon as my waters broke. I had a section so not sure about recovery after a vaginal birth. By the time I was feeling normal after the section, the SPD wasn't bothering me.

I had spd from about 32 weeks. I ended up having forceps delivery wiht Dan. My SPD dissappeared instantly

i asked fee how hers was , she said after her section its compeltely gone! and even with section wound she can walk better

After I had Tia, my SPD pretty much vanished immediately... I had an epidural but no help otherwise... SPD didn't bother me during birth. My daughter was back to back, and her HB went down to 40bpm so was considered in distress... I think that all took my mind of any pain in my pelvis.

Occasionally though, if I stand with my legs slightly apart and then tried pulling something heavy with my upper body, I'd get the odd twinge in my pelvis but nothing serious.

I didn't start with SPD last time until I was 30 weeks, this time I've just started over the last few days. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mine disappeared instantly after the birth. My friend also suffered during her pregnancy and still has odd twinges now and again but nothing like during her pregnancy.

Thanks for your replies! Hopefully everything will go well for me too :D

went away instantly after the birth

didnt bother me durring the birth at all. (had pain relief and other things on my mind lmao)

i was bad (in pain in bed, getting up of the couch, up staires etcetc) - but i wasnt on crutches or anything.

I still have it but no where near as bad. I can't extend my legs out wards as I found when kicking a football over the weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back