how common are twins???

rach

Reaction score
just a quick question have found out there are 9 sets of twins in o/h family only one set in mine and that was about 80 years ago what i was wondering is if anyone knows how likely it would be that i could have twins does it make it more likely? or do i have the same chance as anyone else? not particularly hoping for twins just curious would i have an increased chance because of o/h family history xxxxxxx

My OH has lots of twins in his family so I wondered this. I asked my midwife and she said that it is only the 'mums' side of the family that increase your chances of having twins.
Not making much sense am I?!!!
Basically it doesn't matter how many sets of twins there are on OH'S side. Your chances only increase if YOUR side of the family have a history of twins.

Although I read somewhere that 1 in 32 couples have twins. That's quite high I think!!

awwww twins would be great!!! lol (hard work though!!!!!)

thanks everyone i suppose not long till i find out got scan on 3rd november :D hoping for just one but i guess twins would kinda be nice xxxxx

We thought we really wanted twins, but actually the more I found out, the happier I was it was just the one - it seems like very hard work throughout the pregnancy, let alone looking after two newborns at the same time!!

Plus, in spite of all the aches and pains pregnancy brings, I definitely want to have another baby, and if we'd had twins we'd probably have stopped there!

I think twins are fairly rare when they occur naturally, however a lot of women who have IVF treatment end up having twins because several eggs are implanted to increase the chances of successful implantation. That probably distorts the average quite a bit!

Anyway good luck with your scan - not too long to wait, I hope the time flys by for you!!

LBxx

Kayl1986 said:
twins

one is bad enough lol

how the hell could u nurse two of them too sleep at the same time lol xxxxxxxx

LOL kay!! p.s love your ticker you got there!!

i looked on the net and asked midwife as we have loads of twins in our families too, and its 1 in every 400 pregnancies.

I really didnt want twins and was sooooo releived to know thers only one in there!

My sonographer had said so many couples go in hoping for twins and then are so releaved when they say its only one! She finds it really funny at times!

thats good to hear not sure how id cope with twins lol :lol:
xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back