• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How can you find out if someone is divorced?

Minime

Reaction score
A mate of mine filed for a divorce about 10 years ago and there was a property involved so things couldnt progress until a financial arrangement had been made. Anyhow she ended up that she couldnt afford to pursue the divorce so never applied for the absolute. She got a letter about making arrangements to complete the divorce about 18 months ago and arranged a mediation session to settle the issue regarding the house. Her name is still on the house he lives in, she has since bought her own and has never received a penny maintenence for their daughter.

Apparantly her ex is getting married next month and she says she never applied for an absolute and if he did she's never received it.

How can she find out if she is actually divorced because I don't think they are?

I don't know, but could only suggest asking through a registry office?

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Surely if there are records of Births Deaths and Marriages then there will be some sort of records for DivorceS?

Sorry, cant be much more help I'm afraid but I'd def suggest checking it out at her local registry office, they may be able to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back