• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How can i get rid of this cough?

AbbyJ

Reaction score
I'm so fed up, have had a horrible cough for about 5 days now, it's pretty bad in the daytime, my head hurts every time I cough, but it's really awful at night. I constantly feel like there's something in my lungs, like when you inhale your own spit you know? I keep coughing up phlem which makes me throw up and at night i can't sleep and end up coughing and throwing up at al hours, it's a bloody nightmare. Course being pregnant I can't take anything, and there's no point going to dr as i havn't got a temp and it's not a rattly cough so not a chest infection. Does anyone have any good home remedies?

Last edited:
oh I sympathise so much hun , I was like that a few weeks ago its awful . All i did was ots of hor drinks :( I hope someone can suggest something better xx

I just feel like it's been one thing after another, i had really bad cold in November before i got preg, then had flu all over Xmas despite having the flu jab, and now I'm ill again! My 2 youngest had a little bit of a cough last week but it didn't come to anything, hubby and the other 2 didn't even get that and here i am coughing my guts up! I'd only just stopped feeling sick too :( It doesn't help that I'm a complete wimp about being ill, I hate it!

Last edited:
Same here... its horrible,,, starting with blocked nose and dry throat,, throat gone left with blocked nose and bit of fever took paracetemol as my doctor told me fever gone but slowly getting there,,, relatives telling me to have meat stew and plenty of oranges with alot of fluid..

Can you not have cough sweets either? I had some the other day...

Yeah but they don't do anything :( Think maybe it's a little bit better today, honestly you'd think mother nature would give us pregnant ladies immunity from these things!

ive been like this i had my swine flu jab and then was ill with th eworst cold ever (dont think it was related to avin jab just bad timing) its been 2 /3 weeks now and im still coffingggggggg my head of

i have to wear pads to coz ever time i start coffing i pee my self coz the coffs so strongggggggggg

just time and hope it passes i think is all we can do x

Hi a friend of mind was very ill with a cough/flu and i went to speak to a pharmacist for her about what she could take as she was 9 weeks pregnant at the time the pharmacist said the only thing she was allowed was a cough syrup called glycerin and honey. My friend said that it did get rid of the cough but it did sooth her throat and reduce the cough slightly hope this helps hun.

hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Aisling i rtied that stuff yesterday, it didn't work at all and made me feel a bit sick :( Nadine u poor thing! I spose I should thnk myself lucky I don't pee myself when I cough, just feels liek my brains gonna fall out lol! :)

Aisling i rtied that stuff yesterday, it didn't work at all and made me feel a bit sick :( Nadine u poor thing! I spose I should thnk myself lucky I don't pee myself when I cough, just feels liek my brains gonna fall out lol! :)

THe joys of being pregnant

try (it sounds minging ) hot lemonaid, warm it up in microwave i tend to av that an it helps believe it or not

ho this is my second baby things never go bk same haha, i av to put tena lady on pmsl, 28 an on tenna lady, my mum just takes pee out of me x pardon the pun lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back