how can I do the 'brave face' thing??

floridagirl

Reaction score
Hi, you all know my story from past posts so wont go into it again but just wondered if anyone is in a similar possition and if so how you deal with it?
My best friend is 7 months pregnant and getting very excited now for the babies arrival. Another two close friends are pregnant, one is 14 weeks and the other is 15 weeks (I walk to school everyday with one of them).
They are all posting pictures of scan pictures on facebook and putting excited little comments on there.
I feel so bitter and jelous and just dont know how I can face them, I know its not their fault and I am really happy for them and wish them all the best but I just cant FACE any of them.
Why me!! we all had such lovely plans (pram walks and baby groups) I just feel sick and dont know how to deal with it.
sorry for the rant x x x

I know exactly how you feel x a couple of weeks after my mmc a friend of my now ex-fiancée announced his girlfriend was 3 months pregnant. I had to go to a Christmas eve party with her where she drank wine (I know you're allowed a glass every now and then but in my eyes at that time she was being reckless with her baby's life) and showed off her scan pics. I didn't cope very well, got very drunk and walked home in the snow. It killed me everytime I saw her and after the Christmas eve incident I became part recluse. I know now looking back my behaviour was irrational but at the time it seemed logical to me x take your time honey, grieve and talk about what happened with your partner x I spent some time in a childrens memorial garden where the hospital had told me they scattered the ashes and it made me feel closer to my angel baby x recently I've also started having energy healings done and I've found my beliefs to have strengthened and helped me to make peace with what happened x I'm not what you'd class as religious though I do believe in god and angels x Sorry for the ramble x you're not alone x x

I felt very bitter, sad, angry, I hated seeing pregnant women.(i've had 4 mc) The 3rd time i mc my sil was also pregnant, only 11 days between us, i though why is she still pregnant and not me! It is normal to feel the way you are. x

I'm in the same position, and I'm sad to say I haven't seen my 7 months pregnant friends since my m/c in March. I've emailed her to see how she is doing, but I cant do the public thing yet. I was really cross when a friend sent me an email to say how sorry she was to hear what had happened and 5 mins later put 'happy mothers day to all you mothers out there' on her facebook profile. I felt hurt - but it wasn't aimed at me.

Like the girls have already said, take your time, its helped me to start planning to get pregnant again. I spent a lot of time reading in the weeks after the mc just so I could escape from reality for a bit because I thought I might go insane from the upset. It doesn't help I know, but it does get better with time. You dont always have to be brave though - post or pm when you need support, the girls (and boys) on here are always so good. Thinking of you xxx

Hey FG....My advice to you would be DONT put on a brave face....

If you feel like crying CRY!
If you feel like your pi**ed off...BE PI**ED OFF!

Its all normal and I know where you and the others are coming from when you say you feel bitter, angry, jealous, envious etc of others you know who are pregnant.... I wont lie....I come on here and read all the BFP's and Im truly OVER THE MOON for everyone....I really am!
BUT I still ask why did this happen to me?
Why cant I still be pregnant and expecting out christmas baby?
I get jealous when I hear my cousins 15 year old niece is 4 month pregnant and is a pi** head! It all makes me so angry.....

So react how you feel is appropriate....DONT alway feel like you ahve to put on a brave face and face the world!

Do things in YOUR time!

Its early days for us all and I know it will get better but until those days are closer....grieve in your own way....thinking of you xxx

i didnt cope to well at all after mine ended up on valium and had to have coucelling my only advice is take a day at a time rant rave and cry if it helps everywhere u look you will see prgnant women babies baby shops etc its like a knife each and every time but it does get easyer with time xxxxxxxx

It really is such a tricky time , but you won't always feel like this.
I was going out for a meal a few weeks ago and an old friend was going to tell us all she was 16 weeks pregnant, I would have been 14.5 weeks at the time if not for MC, so was dreading it. Luckily she didn't turn up, don't know how I would have been, conversation would have been about her baby all night, as it should have been, but you know what I mean.

Lets hope that it gets better time for you ,it seems to with me , take care XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back