How are you gonna tell people?

tiggerstacy

Reaction score
I was just wondering how everyone else is going to tell people about the pregnancy especially parents.

We have bought a card for our parents, on the front there is a blue nappy and a pink nappy, complete with safety pins with the wording on the top "congratulations you are going to be grandparents". Inside we have written the card as if it is from the baby and then put in a picture of the Clearblue digital pregnancy test.

We are going to tell parents this weekend but everyone else will have to wait until we have had the 12 week scan.

What's everyone else planning?

Congratulations on your pregnancy! :cheer:
I'm 15 weeks tomorrow but wanted to say hello because I'm from the North East too.
We told our parents first, I think It was when I was about 7 wks pregnant and then everyone else just after our 12 wk scan (which put our date back a couple of days). It was very hard for our parents and us to keep the secret but It was well worth the wait to see everyones faces and for people to say "i thought something was going on" and having a smile about that.
Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy :D !
Baby Roo

well I got a faint positive this morning but i'm still not sure if it is real or not haha. last time I told lots of people via text message because I found out on holiday but if I am pg I want to tell people face to face this time - my close family and friends now and everyone else a little bit later on.

tiggerstacy said:
I was just wondering how everyone else is going to tell people about the pregnancy especially parents.

We have bought a card for our parents, on the front there is a blue nappy and a pink nappy, complete with safety pins with the wording on the top "congratulations you are going to be grandparents". Inside we have written the card as if it is from the baby and then put in a picture of the Clearblue digital pregnancy test.

We are going to tell parents this weekend but everyone else will have to wait until we have had the 12 week scan.

What's everyone else planning?

That card sounds like a lovely idea - we haven't told parents yet, but probably will in a few weeks time. I have tried taking a photo of the preg test, but very difficult to get a clear picture - any tips? Also wondering where you managed to find the card?

Thanks in advance!

This is a little early for me as we are still TTC but i have thought about this since i was a kid! Mum and a I are very close so wanted to tell her in a way that would surprise her so much!

Here's the plan (if it ever happens!)

To get loads of blue and pink ballons and put question marks on them and fill their house with them. Had the image of my mothers face for ages and think it would be such a great way!

My brother told them via a text message so wanted to do something a little different.

Here's hoping that this will happen soon!

I made (homemade) pregnancy announcements.
I've also just started making the birth annoucement cards and it's nice to be able to continue the same style etc.

Lovely ideas!

Will have to get my thinking cap on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back