How are we ment to live on this

hmm interesting but i would definitely apply for housing benefit as that sounds promising
you should deffo be entitled to housing benefit and your council tax benefit. have you tried applying for a crisis loan at job seekers? they do give you alot of crap when applying but just stand your ground they will only take a small amount out of your benefits every week. when i moved here i was hitting brick walls as to who would help me. i left Ireland in a hurry and left everything behind me no body would help me for the first few months i was here i contacted my local mp and i have to say she moved things for me with in days you should contact yours and explain wots happening thats wot they are there for. I feel for you hun because i have been there xxxx

I have 6 kiddies and worked fulltime until i moved to the uk ( my hubby works fulltime) we needed benefits the first few weeks i was here i have to say it was the worst time of my life job seekers gave us 30 pounds a week to live on my husband lost his job due to us moving here but did get a new job weeks later. i have to say having alot of kiddies and being on benefits did not appeal to me (still makes me soooo angry how we were treated grrrrr!)

Have you got it sorted out yet hun? My OH works 14 hours...we get some of our rent paid (not all) get full council tax benefit. Also we get job seekers too which is 120 a month...it helps massively! We were living off nothing and didn't even know we could claim job seekers up until a few month ago. We have now changed it to income support so we don't have the hassel of going to the job centre xxx

We have spoken to CAB and council, applied for housing benefit, got to wait few months to hear from them, we may not get help as we are classed as over housed (we live in 1/2 bed bungalow) We are not entitled to any other help waiting to hear why. Far from sorted :eh:

if you can hold out hun it will change once babba is born. you should apply for a crisis loan in the mean time anyone can apply for one x

Thank you amyrose, looks like we will need to our fridge is broken, freezing everything then going warm we can't afford to replace it so have to go without a fridge :(

Oh no sorry to hear that

Try http://www.gumtree.com/

Select your area, there is a freebie section, you might be lucky, you need to keep your eye on it though, as things go quite quickly. Also I think theres a website called freecycle...through the yahoo groups.

thank you littlemiss83 Im going to have a look :)

Good luck let us know how u get on

My tumble dryer broke a cpl of months ago, i'd just paid for our holiday and had no savings or money at the time, my OH managed to get a refurbished one off a guy who was advertising on gumtree, it was only £60 and looks brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back