How are the Dads taking the news??

frances2009

Reaction score
I've recently found out that I am in the very early stages of pregnancy. We'd been trying for 3 months and I am absolutely estatic with the news.

I am bursting to tell all my close family and friends but my hubby wants to keep the news to ourselves for a while. I think he wants to get used to it himself before everyone knows. He's also started feeling stressed about the financial aspects of things etc.

I'm a little dissappointed that he'd prefer me not to tell people but respect his decision and hope that soon he will change his mind.....

I feel very calm about the whole pregnancy thing and am really excited. I guess I feel a little sad that he seems to be dealing with it very differently...

The question is.... how have all your other halves taking the news??

My OH is very excited and wanted to tell his parents immediately, I didnt really want to for a few weeks but I went with it, glad I did now. He cant wait to tell everyone, especially his work mates :)

DH wants to keep it quiet until I get my 12 week scan, I'm in two mind, on one hand it does feel 'safer', on the other I'm glad we had told everyone last time as it allowed me to grieve openly with the MC, I didn't feel I had to hide how I was feeling... Saying that one of out friends has already guessed after I had lunch and went shopping with her on Wednesday :lol:

My hubby was rather shocked at first as this is number four - and a happy accident, but he is happy now and seems more involved in this pregnancy and how i am feeling than he was the last three times. I'm sure it with sink in for your OH soon, we have told a few friends and my sis but will wait til i'm about ten weeks to tell everyone else. I do agree with Rowesb that telling people is your choice and people can support you either way, I was pleased when my freind told me although she had a MC, at least i could support her and be a friend when she needed someone.

Congrats and Good luck with your pregnancy xx

Give him some time to digest the news, many Congratulations :)

My OH was totally in shock.
This pregnancy was unplanned and very unexpected but he is happy now and very excited, it did take him a few days to digest what was going to happen though.
All he talks about at the moment is how much everything is. :lol:

We have only told our close family and friends. We won't tell anyone else until i am 12 weeks. :)

Congratulations on your pregnancy, i hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!!
Katie xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back