Too early to share the news?

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
I told my Uncle this morning that I was pregnant, And he said the usual congratulations then said. "Hate to say it, But this is a little early to be telling everyone you know"

Im working on the basis that hey.. its still a pregnancy.. and I am going to celebrate it no matter where I am in it.

Thoughts?

I agree, Im 7 weeks and iv told alot of people. I did have some difficulties so i was pleased to be able to tell people x

I only told my mum and my mother-in-law, oh and the neighbour coz she was there when i did test, other than that i decided not to tell anyone until i have my scan.
I don't think its too early to tell anyone i just don't want to tempt fate as i have miscarried at 10wk b4

I think that if you are ready to tell people then tell them if not wait for a while either way it'll still be the same result x :)

i told people as soon as i found out decided even if it goes tits up id rather enjoy every second of it and then have the support of friends if it was needed

I told my Uncle this morning that I was pregnant, And he said the usual congratulations then said. "Hate to say it, But this is a little early to be telling everyone you know"

Im working on the basis that hey.. its still a pregnancy.. and I am going to celebrate it no matter where I am in it.

Thoughts?

Some people think that you should wait until 12 weeks before s haring the news, but ask yourself how you would feel if, god forbid, something happened, and friends/family didnt even know y ou were expecting...how could they do anything to help?

I personally didnt want the world knowing until 12 weeks, but oh was so excited and someone close to me must of been too, because withing 3 weeks, everyone knew!!!

Dont worry, you will never please everyone all the time xxx

Honestly if you are excited and want to share the news then do! It's personal choice and I think it's lovely to be able to share someones excitement early or not xx

I had the opposite experience- I was desperate to tell the world but was convinced that sharing before 12 weeks was tempting fate. We did tell our folks and best friends only at 5/6 weeks but nobody would entertain the thought anything could go wrong- all I heard was "it'll be fine- enjoy it".

Am glad we waited until 12 weeks to share with the rest of the world though.

Do whatever feels right hon. x

I told Mums and Dads and sisters at about 5 weeks, and one or two people at work just for safety reasons but no one else until after our 12 week scan. Although it was difficult and some people had started to ask me (how rude!!) and I hated having to lie to people. But it is completely your choice.

I told my Mum when I was about 7 weeks (week after we found out)

I told EVERYONE the week after! lol! At the end of the day, the more people who know, the more of a support network there is if (god forbid) something does happen.

Im not that much of a believer in testing fate - if it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen!

You spread the word and enjoy every minute of it! :)

we told our immediate familes the night we found out! since then grandmas anf aunts know, and also about 4 close friends. I see it that if something was to happen to my lil squirt the ppl I have told about the pregnancy would be the shoulders I would be crying on anyway xx

I'm pretty much telling one person per day because I'm so excited and just have to tell people! This way I figure not that many people will know before 12 weeks, and those who do will feel privileged to be involved! I love telling people :)

Hey, my family knew staright away and told my closest friends a week later. Havent told anyone at work but Im on holiday atm and not sure il firt back in my uniform!! that might be a giveaway!! im sccared to tell people before 12 weeks but we cant change what lies ahead so I think I might and enjoy being looked after lol!!

ok this might not sound very nice but..the way i see it is if anything bad happens, everyones gunna find out anyway right? i mean if it was me they would anyway so i told everyone both times straight away, and luckly everything was fine!

I told my sister at 6 ish weeks and my mum at 8 weeks. 2 and a half years ago I had a mmc and hadn't told anyone except my sister, I went on to tell my mum because of mc but noone else was told. I told friends at 12 weeks even though had scan at 10 weeks x it's a personal choice I think x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back