House Dilemas**update on 1st posty change of plan**

Glad you've made a decision you are happy with..I bet you feel a lot better about things now. :D

I think if you are happy with it and it feels right then of course its the right thing to do :)

Moving at any time is hard enough, moving when almost due it worse.

I got a real bee in my bonnet about moving house when I was about 3 months PG. We had decided (OH felt it was the better option) to stay where we were till LO was about 6 months old. Although I agreed as time went on I felt the house would not be suitable and the fact his mother is over from Austrlia this summer would have meant more to worry about. So I just started looking around and we fell for the first house we saw!

We moved when I was 5 months pregnant and it was bloody hard work even then, I was exhusted. Even though everyone else did most of it, I still insisited on packing all our stuff etc as I didn't want anyone else riffling through it and wanted to know exactly what was where.

I drove OH mad I think but he was brilliant and organised moving furniture etc. Unpacking at the other end took me too long as I wasn't able to list lots of things etc so kept having to wait for OH to do stuff for me. All in all after about 3 weeks of this trickle of things being done I finally cracked. Cried, sobbed and wailed and it was then done that weekend :lol:

Now we are settled in hubby says it was the right decision to move when we did rather than later on. But that works for us in our situation. We are closer to where his office is based, I quit my job, we have a detached house at the end of a half mile farm track and no immediate neighbours. Houses like that don't come up often so we were really lucky.

I think holding off and waiting till your LO is here and a bit older is a good thing at this point. Like you said you are settled, know the house and feel comfortable with it all. Those are the most important things and so long as you are happy then :hug:

I don't blame you for staying. I'm finding it annoying enough with decorating going on in one room of my house. It goes against our nesting instinct having mess and clutter everywhere :hug: :hug:

i think you have made the right decision hun, i was moving the week my daughter was due, i was wallpapering in labour and when i came home from hospital with her i as very upset for a good few days as i had to stay at my grans with her because my house wasnt finished, carpeted, decorated etc and the gas supply was not on so had no heating for a week! it really is worry you dont need after just bringing home your newborn, i wish i had waited.
good luck with whatever you do anyway! :hug:

The best idea is to do what you feel comfortable with :hug: .

I know what everybody means about decorating. We bought our place last year and have so far decorated the living room, bedroom (though both these rooms have just white walls so that we can paint it whatever colour we want should we change our mind) and the baby's room. The hall is absolutely awful - it's blue and magnolia. I started on the outer hall but took off the wallpaper and the wall came off with it because of damp so I've had to leave it. It's going to be a wee bit embarassing when midwives etc start visiting!

See, you can be decisive!!! What ever decision you make is the right one if it is the one you feel comfortable with! :hug:

:hug: I'm glad you've worked out the right decision for you :hug:
I wouldn't fancy moving now. And there will be other houses that come up at a time when you could consider moving if you still want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back