• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

hospital stay after section

xxClaire_24xx

Reaction score
Hi

as some of you may know I am booked on for a section Wed 17th Nov. i was wondering on average how often you stay in hospital for after a section, i know that the baby will be in for at least a couple of weeks but I would love to be able to go home at night after spending time with the baby so that I can spend time with our 5 year old and then do the school drop before heading back to the hospital to spend time with the baby xx

I think the average is 2 nights now. Looking back though I think it would have been nice to spend another night or so in hospital. As much as I disliked it at the time, its nice to not feel you have to do extra things while you're recovering.

Good post! im having a c-section at the end of the month as shes still breech and had growth problems but things are starting to even up :) not looking foward to staying in for however long it will be, would just rather be home but know its for the best! xx

Last edited:
I had section Monday and was out Wednesday PM. xxx

i had section on tues and came home on fri but would happily have stayed another day but some people go after one night if they are upto it it varys i think on recovery

I think it all depends on how well everything goes and how your feeling, my friend was out the following day but ive heard of others being kept in for 3 or 4 days. Not long now hunni x

I spent 2 nights in, but left early on the last day because I was really mobile. There was a lady next to me with her baby is Scbu and was allowed to stay even though she could go home because she was breastfeeding.

I had a section fri nite and was home Monday dinner...I hated been in hospital but I don't think I'd have managed if I'd come home earlier xx

thanks everyone, well I know that the baby will be in the hospitla and god will it be hard to leave her there but she will be in good hands and we are 20 mins, 15 mins if speeding a little lol to the hospital so can be there so quick if need be but just to be able to have a bath in your own home and see my little girl out to school in the am will be good xx

Just remember to take it easy though as you will have had major surgery and prone to thinking you feel better than you actually do! No point in pushing yourself too hard with the school run and everything and you end up making yourself ill.
Good luck with the section and hope little one doesnt have to stay in too long x

I am having my section on Thurs and the consultant told me I would be in for approx 3 days.
Pam xx

They've told me that i'll be in a couple of days at the very least, but have also said if they have the room then i'm welcome to stay as long as a week or so!!! Baby will be in so it makes sense to be close, but similar to you we only live about 15 mins from the hospital so following my recent stay I think i'll be keen to come home once I feel ok. But don't have any other kids so can see that you would want to get back home and get a bit of a routine going with your other daughter.

xxx

i think it all depends on how you are but take it easy you will need to rest up too xx

My sections were too many years ago to be any use as a gauge to be honest.
1st I was in 7 days , baby in scbu hence extra time and then baby came home after two weeks
2nd , I was very mobile again , but I had to discharge myself to get out on day 4 !
3rd , I was again in for 7 days , baby was in scbu so they let me stay, luckily she was fine at same time as they wanted to chuck me out!

Even if you cope really well, I do think 2 days is too quick, as esp with other kids at home, you will always end up doing more, and stairs and beds and sofas are all at the wrong height to be honest and always tempting to pop out with pushchair! I think 3-4 days shold be minimum

Last edited:
In swansea, they have upped it that you stay in for 4 days if you had a section from 3

I had a section on a Fri eve and was allowed home late sunday morning - not sure i'd have been up to the school run the monring after but guess it depends how early u get ur section the day before x x x

well I spoke to the midwife today i am 1.30pm on the Wed so should be out the Fri night. It wasnt so much doing he school run on the monday it was just seeing Mia out the door with my mum or OH I just feel as if I have been at the hospital so much and miss taking her to school and picking her up. And I am such a home person like to be round the family and honestly being in hospital would just depress me I can always go in and out to visit the baby all day when the wee one is at schooll and then also at nigh again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back