Hospital/birth centre

Squeakz

Reaction score
So yesterday, after my fainting issue lol, we went to see our nearest birthing centre, which is about a 50 minute drive away and im just a little bit torn as to what to do.

I loved the feel of the birthing centre it was really chilled out, and i loved knowing that i got a birthing pool, as that was something that i really wanted to try whereas my local hospital has one pool for the dept. However:_
-we wanted phil to hold the little man first and they seemed intent on handing him to me
-they dont cut the cord for what souds like a reasonably long time (which for some reason makes me feel queasy)
-they dont like giving the injection to deliver the placenta as tehy think well if we pushed the baby out then we might as well push the rest out.....and i wanted an injection.

You reckon if i put it in my birth plan about the stuff above they will stick to it??????

Also, how much blood is there when giving birth!??! i know it sounds random, phil said he might h ave got in the pool with me to catch the litte man and then we could both have a snuggle but the thought of swimming n loads of blood makes him feel fuzzy lol.....

x

If you put stuff in your birth plan then they have to respect that I believe. It's your right to give birth the way you want! As for the amount of blood it honestly depends, some women bleed more than others! I didn't bleed that much compared to other stories I've heard. You could put in your birth plan that you would like your OH to pass baby to you rather than them bypassing your OH and handing baby straight to you.

Might write it like that thten. thanks....to be fair...i thought it would be nice if phil could catch him and bring him up. i feel so sorry for the OH's sometimes. We get to go through this whole change and look after our LO's it migth just be nice to let him do something important like the skin to skin.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

providing they have to stick to my plan (unless of course, its to the detriment of myself or baby) then thts fine

THANK YOU XX

fingers crossed i continue to be low risk then i will give birth in birthcentre. i dont care what they "prefer" to do, its my birth, our baby and as long as Noa is not in any danger or distress i willl demand that they follow our wishes :D

haha i love that!! well ill do that!! ill be strict and ill make sure phil knows exaactly what iwant!! or what he wants as well....im so determined for him to be as involved as possible... you;re having demba pass noa to you arent you?!
Providing my baby is healthy i want to deliver him my way. However if there is distress etc then no. im also a bit confused about how they monitor you etc cos she said they were mainly there to just watch kinda thing!?!?
x

haha i love that!! well ill do that!! ill be strict and ill make sure phil knows exaactly what iwant!! or what he wants as well....im so determined for him to be as involved as possible... you;re having demba pass noa to you arent you?!
Providing my baby is healthy i want to deliver him my way. However if there is distress etc then no. im also a bit confused about how they monitor you etc cos she said they were mainly there to just watch kinda thing!?!?
x

I've put in my birth plan that we want my OH to pass Seb to me and then cut the cord once it's stopped pulsating (OH actually asked me if he could cut the cord!) x I agree they do seem to get a bit left out x

Thats lovely that your oh wants to cut the cord. I reckon mine might change his mind when the time actually arrives. If I get my lo first then I might not let him go lol x

if you want to actually give birth in the water it may be why they have to catch the baby as it might be a bit tricky but no reason he cant be given to your oh to pass to you

aw thank you ladies, you've made me feel really brave lol!!

the midwife will pass Noa to OH and he will pass him to me, he will not catch him "flying out" :D
I have stricly said to OH tho that he is NOT aloud to keep Noa for too long!! He will lay him on me and then cut the cord!
:love:
today i saw loads of mummys and little babies in town and all i thought was thats me sooo soon!

haha!! iv been walking around an for some reasno the population of people with prams/babies and generally small people seems to have grown ! all i can see are babies haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back