HOSPITAL BAG

for my two i only packed the basics, the last thing you want is to take lots of stuff that your prob not going to use!

for baby

2 or 3 baby grows, diffrent sizes is a good idea, just in case.
2 or 3 vests
scratch mittens
hat and coat/snowsuit/jacket
nappies
cotton wool
shawl or blanket
dummies, if useing them.

for you

a nightie
slippers and dressing gown, if you wear them.
LOTS of cheap knickers! lol
LOTS of san pads, the thicker the better! lol
pantie liners
comfy lose clothing for after the birth.
toiletry things, toothpaste, soap, deodrant etc.

for Labour

wipes, to cool you down and freshen you up
mags, incase your there a while.

everyone is diffrent but i personal think thats all you need, if you end up staying in hospital for longer than expected, then your OH, DH, mum or friend can alway spop home and get a few more bits for you.
coming home with my kids was hard enough, with pressants people brought, car seat and bags, so if i had taken loads in it just would have made it harder.

xx

LOL, i forgot about the toothpaste!

Normally its the first thing I think about when packing a bag, but I hadn't even considered it!

And deodorant! :shock: :oops: :lol:

I think people get so worried about what to pack for the baby that they forget about themselfs lol :)

Thanks guys - when I was in hospital last week OH forgot to bring me toothpaste and deodorant in the first time!! I must have hummed! :lol:

Do you still need sanitary towels if you have a c-section? That sounds like a really daft question to me but I honestly have no idea! :roll:

Sami said:
Do you still need sanitary towels if you have a c-section? That sounds like a really daft question to me but I honestly have no idea! :roll:

I have no idea on that hun, sorry :?:

I guess you probably would as there is going to be lots of stuff that needs to come out and that will be the only exit. :?

I don't know when to start my maternity bag. I feel so unprepared and lost at the moment.

I think normally you should think about packing or have it packed by about 36 weeks really, unless obviously there is anyreason why you would need to pack it sooner. Don't think it would hurt if you did pack it sooner though, I'd just wash the babies clothes in the case every few weeks to keep them fresh.

layla said:
Sami said:

Yes it makes no difference at all if you have a c-section....you bleed the exact same as you would with a vaginal birth....very very heavy too so pack lots of very thick maternity towels for the first couple of days!!!! :?

eeek looki how organised you uys are.

I'm due in 3 weeks and haven't packed a thing. Might start throewing a few things together today though.!

I won't be forgetting my nipple cream *highly recommended*

Hey!!

Just packed my hospital bag.
Here is my list:
Car Seat
Birth Plan

Labour Bag:
2x Night Shirts (T-Shirts)
Flannels
Warm Socks
Tissues
Lip Balm
2x Dark Towels
Book and Mags
Deodarant Wipes
Cooling Spray
Wet Wipes
Massage Gel
Glucose Tablets
Snacks and Drinks

After Birth Bag:
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Shower Gel
Shampoo
Hair Brush
Hair Bands
Maternity Pads
Breast Pads
Nursing Shirts (open fronted)
Nursing Bra
Nipple Cream
5x Knickers (from Tesco)
Going Home Clothes

OH Bag:
Toothbrush
Boxers
Socks
T-Shirt
Deodarant
Snacks and Drinks
Money
Camera
Mobile Phone
Telephone Numbers

Baby Bag:
10x Nappies
Blanket
5x Sleepsuits
Mitts
Hat
Cardigan
4x Vests
4x Bibs
Baby Wipes
Cotton Wool

Managed to fit all this into a medium sized holdall!! :D

Do they let you use wipes on your baby in your hospital.

With mine you have to take cotton wool, as they say wipes are too harsh on new skin.

That's a good point actually. I personally use baby wipes myself to remove face make up and to cleanse as other beauty products are too harsh on my skin and unbalance it, so I'll still be taking some regardless.

Cleaning a bum with cotton wool sounds like a pain especially when the poo's aren't exactly hard, but I do worry they will be too sesitive for baby wipes. I know you shouldn't use baby bath, talc or anything on their skin for at least 6 weeks, but are baby wipes the same?

my midwife didnt tell me about wet wipes when i was pregnant with my daughter,

I took them to the hospital and used them on her skin, face and bum right away to clean her.

she came out in a rash everywhere, looked so sore bless her, it was then that one of the midwifes at teh hosptial told me not to use wipes untill 4 weeks old.

i started useing cottonwall and boiled water and her rash cleared up very quick, but i still felt so guilty!

never used wipes on my son till he was 4 week, wasnt going to take that chance again

thanks for that, I thought they might be under the same rule of thumb as bath stuff but until your told I guess you don't know!

it wont aply for all babies mind you, skin is all diffrent, but i personaly wouldnt want to take the chance again after charlie came out in the rash, it looked horrible for her first photos lol

With my sesitive skin I wont be taking chances on baby either. Thanks Layla

Didn't think of this. Thanks Ladies. I'll leave out the baby wipes and use cotton wool xxx

This might help you too.....
Andrex Moist Toilet Wipes! I can't do without and it was a lifesaver after I had episiotomy/stiches. Smells nice and clean. Highly recommend!!
Happy packing :D
Emilia xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back