Hospital Bag!

nikkix

Reaction score
Im packing my hospital bag this weekend so Im prepared incase anything happens but I was wondering if anyone had a list of what to put in it. I know there are posts on this but I cant find any of them!! Any help would be grateful :) xx

well i packed my bag and in it i put......!

clothes for me - 5 pairs knickers, 2 pair socks, pair trousers, 2 tshirts and a jumper.
Maternity pads - two packs of 10, breast pads - if you plan to breast feed that is, nursing bra, chocolate bars and drinks for snacks

stuff for baby - 3 vests, 2 sleepsuits, wooly outer sleepsuit thingy, little coat, socks, mitts, cardy - never know what to take so just guessed really!! Nappies

Other stuff - phone, money, camera, hair bobbles a few rennies as iveheard these can be needed! um...... not sure what else ive got in there - but dont forget a car seat and blanket for the little one!!

there, thats me organised even though im hoping for a home birth!!

good luck!

Also pack toiletries, nightie, slippers, dressing gown, nappy bags. I'm also taking in chocolates for the midwives who have dealt with me during my pregnancy. Make sure your camera is fully charged. :D

So far I have packed 2 bags!

LO's bag:

3 body suits
3 vests
1 fleece suit
1 pram suit for going home!
Nappies
Blanket
Socks

My bag:
Maternity pads x 24 (which is how many they say you need for the first 2 days!!!!!)
breast pads
disposible knickers
2 x nighties
Dresing gown
thick socks
rescue remedy
lip balm
toiletries - shampoo/body wash etc
hair bands
toothpaste/toothbrush
Make-up
clothes (havent choosen yet as not sure what sort of birth Im having)

Camera
List if people to call/text
Mobile phone
Snacks
Isotonic drinks

Thats all I have packed so far!

***Note to myslef must pack bag this weekend!

I have thrown some bits in but really need to make sure I have eveything - scared DH to bits last night when I said two of the ladies on here due same time of me have had their little ones he straight away said "where is your bag"

I packed a huge bag and my whole family laughed at me....then I stayed in hospital for 5 days so I ended up using everything I packed, so ner ner to them! :lol: Here's what I took:

MY BAG
2 nighties
Pair of pajama bottoms
Pack of 5 cheap knickers (Primark!)
Pack of 3 socks
Slippers
Dressing gown
Jogging bottoms (for leaving hospital)
2 tops (just general stretchy ones for wearing either with pajama bottoms or leaving hospital)
Pen and paper
Camera and batteries
Washbag with - shampoo, conditioner, facewash, shower gel, deoderant, toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash (all mini's from tesco!)
2 packs maternity pads
Wet wipes
Flip flops for using in hospital shower!

ISLA'S BAG
3 newborn vests
3 newborn sleepsuits
2 scratch mitts (she hated these though!)
1 blanket
One soft cot toy (couldn't resist a little pink bunny!)
One packet of nappies
One packet of cotton wool
One wooly cardigan
Outfit for leaving hospital (including a hat)

THEN I packed a snack bag :lol: So glad I did, cos hospital food is a bit blech :lol: I had:
Brazil nuts
Dried apricots
Cereal bars
Bar of dark chocolate (mmmmmm, ate this after giving birth, was so good!)
Packet of shortbread biscuits
Yogurt coated raisins

C xxx

Just a little advice. I would take a minimum of 7 sleepsuits and 7 vests for LO as both times mine pooed all over them, even if you only plan to be in for a few hours take plenty i was kept in longer both times and went through them in no time. I phoned OH who had taken the car for its MOT ( i know on the day after i gave birth lol) it had failed and there was noone to bring in some extra clothes!! I had to borrow from another mum. Very embarrasing. :rotfl:

**note to self** must also pack bag! cant say maternity pads is on my xmas shopping list at the mo... :lol:

I second the flip flops for the shower, our midwife that did the tour of the labour ward yesterday advised this as she said, although the showers are cleaned etc... people have just given birth etc ..... :talkhand: :puke:

I just want claireyfairey's bag now - sounds much better than mine!! :D

i also have a snack bag packed, glad im not the only one :D

I still haven't packed mine, even though the bloke keeps nagging me :oops:

I'd also pack some easy reading for the ward, I was in for three nights and couldn't sleep even when Elliott did and it helped to have something to do.

I ended up bleeding through my pj bottoms too so I'd advise taking lots just in case. I also didn't take enough maternity pads as I thought I'd be out of there in hours the way everyone spoke about it before but I kind of got sucked in by mistake!

Actually that's my other piece of advice- unless you've got a medical reason for being there just get out of hospital as fast as you can unless it's some kind of wonder hospital or you have your own room! I had trouble establishing breastfeeding and they just didn't let me go, I hated being on the ward, didn't sleep, got all stressed and it just didn't work for me- I think because of the stress really. When I got home the midwives were great and really helpful and it was calm and personal in my house- so if you think that your midwives will come to see you afterwards and help with feeding etc then really you're better off at home believe me! I was so scared that I knew nothing about babies that I just stayed too long- this time my OH has instructions to rescue me asap! They haven't got you under house arrest!

OMG- I'm going to have to think about all of this soon aren't I?! Gulp!
+++

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back