hospital bag question

fothers

Reaction score
Right, I am not worrying about what to pack yet but was wonering when you are supposed to pack it?

Also how many bags are you taking? Do you take one with labour things in and then a separate one incased you need to stay in and where do you put things for the baby? in the staying in bag, in the labour bag or in a third bag?

I know nothing :doh:

This is how I did it others may have better ideas!

I got a big hold all fromArgos (£10) and I packed a small bag of the baby stuff and put it in the hold all, then packed my stuff in it.

Remember when you are packing it though, that you'll want your labour stuff on the top, then baby clothes/nappy. I put my going home clothes right at the bottom.

if you google it lots of lists come up and then you can make your own!!

I'm going to get my hospital bag ready for christmas as we are driving up and down the country between the 23rd dec and 2nd jan so it would be just my luck to get caught up north in the snow with nothing!!

I have just about finished packing mine. I'm taking one wheeled suitcase (small size) with everything fitting in that. My hubby can always take more stuff in from home if I end up having to stay longer / need anything else.

Like Gemma, I have 1 trolly suitcase with everything in it and a seperate small shoulder bag with all mine and babies toiletries in it. I still have to pack things like magazines and munches for my hubby but that's his department. xxx

I will have one bag with everything i need in it, OH cant be relied on to bring anything else i could need. :roll:

my OH is the same, i'll have to get everything ready even his clothes and car keys!!

annem said:
my OH is the same, i'll have to get everything ready even his clothes and car keys!!

Welcome to my world :rotfl: Ill probably have to go start the car and de-frost the window screen as well.

bonny said:
annem said:

Welcome to my world :rotfl: Ill probably have to go start the car and de-frost the window screen as well.

:rotfl: ditto!!!

might take 8 bags.. and line them all with bricks so he has to go through some pain carrying them

i got tesco reusable bags...and im taking the babys changing bag with babys stuff packed in..

we are hoping for home birth but will still need to pack bags neways..

baby can have a bag.. nappies n stuff and i will have a bag..

plus think i will pack extra just incase we have to stay in.. but will leave it at home.. coz alex cant see for looking..

lisa&alex said:
might take 8 bags.. and line them all with bricks so he has to go through some pain carrying them

quote]

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Right, I am not worrying about what to pack yet but was wonering when you are supposed to pack it?

Also how many bags are you taking? Do you take one with labour things in and then a separate one incased you need to stay in and where do you put things for the baby? in the staying in bag, in the labour bag or in a third bag?

I know nothing :doh:

This is how I did it others may have better ideas!

I got a big hold all fromArgos (£10) and I packed a small bag of the baby stuff and put it in the hold all, then packed my stuff in it.

Remember when you are packing it though, that you'll want your labour stuff on the top, then baby clothes/nappy. I put my going home clothes right at the bottom.

if you google it lots of lists come up and then you can make your own!!

I'm going to get my hospital bag ready for christmas as we are driving up and down the country between the 23rd dec and 2nd jan so it would be just my luck to get caught up north in the snow with nothing!!

I have just about finished packing mine. I'm taking one wheeled suitcase (small size) with everything fitting in that. My hubby can always take more stuff in from home if I end up having to stay longer / need anything else.

Like Gemma, I have 1 trolly suitcase with everything in it and a seperate small shoulder bag with all mine and babies toiletries in it. I still have to pack things like magazines and munches for my hubby but that's his department. xxx

I will have one bag with everything i need in it, OH cant be relied on to bring anything else i could need. :roll:

annem said:

bonny said:
annem said:

:rotfl: ditto!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back