Hospital Bag - Help

Scarletts.Mummy

Reaction score
Afternoon ladies,

I hope all and bumps are well.

ok so my brain is officially dead and I have now packed and unpacked my hospital bag 8 times and cant decide what I really need and what I dont.

So please make it easy for me.....

What do I need in my hospital bag for me and for baby?

N :D x

I'm starting to worry incase I haven't got it all either!!

This is what I'VE packed, it isn't a "this is what you NEED" list!

Babies Bag:
- 2 vests
- 10 nappies
- Nail clipper set
- Baby wipes
- Baby dressing gown
- Towel
- Muslin squares- Snow suit (in case it's really cold)
- Little dress (in case it's really hot)
- Baby wash & sudacrem (miniature tubs that I got with my bounty pack!)
- Socks
- Booties
- A comfort rag
- Dummies
- Blanket
(Don't forget to get the car seat ready by the door!)

My Bag:
- A few PJ bottoms
- Nighties to go over the top
- Dressing gown
- Loads of nipple pads
- Loads of big fat Bridget Jones knickers!
- Maternity pads (whole pack)
- Comfortable non underwired bras
- Toothbrush and washing bag
- Clothes for the returning day (loose fitting)
- Slipper socks
(Green notes at the ready!)

My Mum (birthing partner) has packed a few things for me, like a water spray, camera, flannel, bendy straws for drinks and a few other little bits.

Hope that helps hun :hug: I bet I've missed some stuff too! x

last night i finally packed mine.....

2 open at the front night shirts, and some PJ bottoms for after birth (i hate not having trousers on)
Pack of maternity pads
Old knickers (quite a lot lol)
breast pads
nursing vests and bra
toilitries
Birthing ball (in case all are in use on the day)
compfy clothes to come home in
video camera (for after...i said i'd KILL OH if he dares try using it durin labour or birth)
Camera and accessories (could NOT forget that, its practically attached to my face, plus hospital has wifi, so i can update to all family back in UK and the forum as soon as she's born)
List of phone numbers for OH to call when she arrives

2 sleepsuits
2 vests
a few nappies (although the hospital provides most things, so i just packed some in case)
2 x hat, scratch mittens
2 blankets
knitted cardi my mum brought me home from hospital in.
musical sheep i've been playing LO since 24 weeks...i hope she recognises it and sleep for hours :)

i think thats it, other than having the carseat together with the bag etc. doesnt seem much.

Hey, dont worry about it i packed and unpacked mine a million times and still got it totally wrong!

Things i wish id packed....

Tiny baby clothes (my son was waaay too small for newborn clothes, they swamped him! and he wasnt small born really at 7lbs 2.) Id get some cheap baby grows in tiny baby from the super markets just incase!

I brought nappies and wipes with me but i didnt need them as the hospital provided pampers nappies and the wipes were too sensitive for his little bum bum so i used the hospitals resources again.

Wish i brought bibs with me coz he threw up his milk alot and soaked what little clothes i did bring!

For me i only brought 2 nighties, one for labour and one for hospital. Soaked the first one when they broke my waters and within an hour of settling in the ward when baba was born i got blood on the other! (also only brought 2 pairs of socks and soaked them during labour to!)

Buy BIG soft pants! I brought maternity pants and they felt awful on my stitches, when through me when they caught on them :puke: so got my MIL to buy some very sexy M & S granny pants 2 sizes too big, much better! :lol:

Thats the major things i wish id brought and certainly will be considering for the next one.

My ideal list now would be:

For baby
[*]2 packs of the asda value tiny baby sleep suits (theres 3 suits in each pack)
[*]2 packs of the asda value newborn sleep suits incase it was bigger
[*]pack of soft newborn bibs
[*]my own blanket for baby (primark sell some lovely soft ones) (ky got really attached to a hospital one so i had to bring it home with me!)
[*]a dummy (i didnt want ky to have one but on the third night in hospital he constantly cried from 12pm til 6am trying to suck my finger, the midwife gave me a dummy and he was asleep in seconds) just in case!
[*]baby mits - coz they do scratch themselves loads
[*]warm baby cardigan to put on to go home (i brought my son an outfit to go home in and i later found it was much more warmer to put him in his sleepsuit with a cardigan over the top and then his blanket and a hat)
[*]nappies just incase they stop providing them

for me
3 nighties
LOADS of big pants
loads of maternity pads
breast pads (i bottle fed and my milk didnt come in properly til i got home so i didnt really need them til then)
slippers
dressing gown
3 pairs of socks
an outfit to go home in (very loose trousers)
then the usual cosmetics. Theres nothing better than having the first shower after birth, makes you feel sooo much better. i brought small travel bottles of shampoo, conditioner and shower wash. a bit of make up to make myself feel better, and chap stick i got really dry lips for some reason!
Im guna bring my phone charger next time! but hopefully i wont be in labour for 56hrs and have to stay on the ward for 3 nights!

hope this helps! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back