Hoping to conceive after chemical pregnancy

em1994

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new to this forum. I’m looking to meet other people who are ttc, as I’m finding the process a bit lonely. I’m 24 and DH will be 36 this month. We each have a child from a previous relationship - neither were planned.

I was 16 when I was pregnant with my son. As much as I love him, the situation was very difficult and so I wanted to wait until things were completely stable until having a second child.

It now feels like the right time for us to have a child together and we’re struggling to conceive. DH was diagnosed with a varicocele at the beginning of this year and had an embolisation in August. One consultant informed us that the varicocele could affect fertility, and that his fertility could improve 3-12 months after the procedure. Another said there was no link. I’ve seen a lot of links online between varicoceles and secondary fertility. We had not had any fertility tests at before the embolisation as we had not been ttc for a year.

Now it has been 13 months. For the first time since we ttc, I got a positive pregnancy test at the weekend. I did 5 more with different brands just to be positive. All showed I was pregnant but the ones I did yesterday seemed fainter. Then I did another one this morning and it was negative. I started bleeding shortly after. I think it was a chemical pregnancy.

I was so excited to see my first positives, so it’s been quite hard coming down from that.

We have been having tests at the infertility clinic - my day 2-5 tests show LH of 6.1 and FSH of 8.6. I don’t know if that’s high for my age? Testosterone and prolactin are also normal + thyroid. DH had a semen analysis in September showing abnormal motility and morphology. They said they have seen a lot lower results and said we may be able to conceive naturally.

It would just be so nice to speak to anyone who is going through a similar thing, as none of our friends know about any of this. I hate it when people ask if we are ‘planning on having another one’ or if they say ‘I thought you’d be pregnant by now’.

I’m trying to cling on to the thought that this chemical is a step in the right direction. I would love to hear more about other people’s experiences.

Em x

Sorry, I can't help with any advice really, just wanted to wish all the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back