"Hook effect" ????

sparkle82

Reaction score
Have any of you lovely ladies ever heard of the hook effect? Was trying to find a possible explanation for the witch not showing in the last 3 months & stumbled across some interesting but complicated info about the hook effect which is apparently when antibodies attach themselves to HCG & masks it so not showing on blood/urine tests?!?! Or hcg levels are too high that they don't show-more common in multiple pregnancies. Crazy I no but looking on other forums have come across women who have experienced this. Very interesting reading. All very complicated tho!!!

I don't feel like af is on it's way & my middle seems to be expanding, makes me wonder???

have you really not had af for 3 months? definitely get a blood test done at the docs x

btw, never heard of the "hook effect"

I had a friend who said that she had never had a positive hpt so alwya had to have a blood test done to confirm. I never really believed her but Reading about this 'hook effect' makes me wonder if she maybe was tellin the truth? I'd def get a blood test done asap x fx x

Oooo...interesting. Get yourself down to the docs for a blood test!

SPC xx

Never heard of this before Sparkle but it is interesting. Stop sitting on here and get your arse down to the docs lol :lol:

Never heard of this before Sparkle but it is interesting. Stop sitting on here and get your arse down to the docs lol :lol:

:rofl: at you, Chelly - but what ^she said! Sparkly - get thee to an anti-:witch: doctor pronto! :dust:

LOL. U ladies made me giggle with your replies!! I love how we all get excited & stressed for one another!! lol

I had a blood test when 2 weeks late the 1st month & it was bfn, got a hospital appointment tues but seriously going insane waiting!!!! ARGH!!! Doc keeps saying that im not if the test is neg? but have since found info about hook effect & a friend of mine just found out shes 14 weeks gone but has only just got bfp!!

never missed a period before apart from 1st pregnancy, & surely missin 3 after ttc since middle of last year is too much of a coincidence????

Sounds interesting! Hope a BFP is on the cards for you..!! Bet you are going crazy..fingers crossed for ya xxxxxxx

Not heard of that. I hope that that is a possibility for you and you are pg.

Appreciate the replies ladies, don't know if I can wait til tues!!!!! Xx

Good luck at the docs, hope they can give you some answers or just a BFP!!!

Have heard of it but never heard of someone with it.

I remember having no period, sickness, fluctuating weight, hot flashes... Turns out it was an ulcer.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back