home learning

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
hey girlies
as i really messed up my gcse's ( i didnt really care) and now im a mummy i want to be more than a toilet cleaner to braydon i really wanna make something of my self for me and him
so i was looking into going to college but i really dont want to leave him i already leave him for 3 days a week to work so i was thinking bout doing a home learning course but there so expensive i was wondering if neone knew of newhere that did them cheaper ?? also has neone done one and is it ne good?

couldnt you go to your local school at night hun thats what i did, not for gcse's but they did do them

Sarah&Braydon said:
hey girlies
as i really messed up my gcse's ( i didnt really care) and now im a mummy i want to be more than a toilet cleaner to braydon i really wanna make something of my self for me and him
so i was looking into going to college but i really dont want to leave him i already leave him for 3 days a week to work so i was thinking bout doing a home learning course but there so expensive i was wondering if neone knew of newhere that did them cheaper ?? also has neone done one and is it ne good?
if you go back 2 college they give u a free bus pass, extra £15 a week and free childcare on campus

thats what i'm going to do but im on benefits which hopefully one day i'll be off with a good job

i dont get all tht tho hun coz im not on benifits or i dont think i go neway

and mary my school dont do that stuff

Sarah are you still under 20? If you are then you are entitled to college level education (up to A level). You can do GCSE's at night too in most colleges.
Because you are a single parent you would be also get help with travel cost and childcare if you went during the day. Im pretty sure you would be able to claim some sort of allowance to help you out too, your local jobcentre should have some details for you.

Im doing distance learning with the OU but it is expensive.

If you're on a low income then you may be able to get help towards an Open University course (doesn't have to be benefits) They do access courses where you can start gently getting back into education. :D

I don't know whether they have any concessions (I suspect they do), but I know that one very good company is Oxford Open Learning. They do both GCSEs and A Levels. You can pay in instalments, too, if that helps.

The url is: http://www.ool.co.uk/

You get assigned your own tutor and can pick where you sit any exams etc. They have a superb reputation, so it's well worth a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back