HOME BIRTHS - who is having one / wanting one??

I very nearly went for home birth but was wavering in the decision as it's our first! Baby only has one working kidney though so needs a scan after birth to check stuff, so probably better I'm in hospital. If all goes well though and we think about having a second child, maybe I'll home birth then - will be taking note of all your experiences for the future! ;-)

Me too Dani. Although to be fair I think in my head I don't think the mw will get to me in time anyway if I labour like James! Maybe I'm just mentally preparing myself for all possibilities! xx

I have my mw app tomorrow. Homebirths not been mentioned since 16wks lol so ill let you all know the outcome of thr appointment!
X

So exciting, hope it goes well. I'm sure it will though :)xx

This is where I have a massive benefit of my mum being my midwife - she's on call for me 24/7 and will always be available no matter what :lol: I've read a lot though about how they have to send someone out - even if it's a paramedic? It's their responsibility to cover the homebirths or something? Xx

Yeah my mums neighbour's baby was delivered by a paramedic!

This is where I have a massive benefit of my mum being my midwife - she's on call for me 24/7 and will always be available no matter what :lol: I've read a lot though about how they have to send someone out - even if it's a paramedic? It's their responsibility to cover the homebirths or something? Xx

What if ur mums at the hosp delivering another baby? or? X

She's a community midwife, she'll probably book holiday around my due date anyway but the other midwives will cover her on calls for her I guess!! Xx

I had a wonderful home birth (well it was painful of course etc etc!)- he's my first baby and it went so smoothly- I'd definitely do it again! We hired a birth pool for free from the local hospital and the difference when I got in the water (midwife persuaded me to wait as long as possible before getting in!) was incredible- sooo nice! I'm very tall so could have done with one of the extra large pools (I had a birth pool in a box Eco pool) especially when it came to the pushing stage as apparently I was pushing on the side of the pool with my feet, but it was amazing. I got to pick my baby up myself when he was finally out. The combination of home and the pool made me feel very relaxed and in control of the whole situation, and it was the loveliest thing to climb straight into my own bed with my husband and baby- it was the most amazingly special time. Best of luck with your labours ladies and, if you're not already, start drinking raspberry leaf tea- my labour was very intense but also very short- I really think the tea helped! Xx

Aw how fab Ruby :)

Im already in the RLT haha! I took it with my first aswell and really believe (aswell as mw) that it helped :)

I did want a pool and still would but my hosp dnt offer a free hiring option or even one with a fee as all their pools r the big white fixed ones!
So id have to private hire which is to expensive with the risk of not grtting around to filling and using it!

So ill give the dry land birth a go and make it all cosy! Lol xx

Yes they can't actually refuse you.

If you look on some of the home birth groups on facebook it's so common for women to be told there's no midwife available and to go in, but in every single case where they've stood their ground and insisted on staying home they've magically managed to get a midwife out to them lol!

I'd just refuse to go in tbh and tell them they will either have to find a midwife or send an ambulance. (Honestly I think sometimes they just 'try it on' a bit).

So MW is very excited about my homebirth lol!!!

I have a home visit in 2 weeks (36+6) to go over everything. Aslong as Charlie plays ball and he isnt breech then she doesnt see any reason to not be allowed one. YAY!!!! :) xx

Yaaaay!

I'd never considered a home birth but I can really see the appeal in them. Don't think my hubby would ever agree though.

XX

Yaaaay!

I'd never considered a home birth but I can really see the appeal in them. Don't think my hubby would ever agree though.

XX

My mum and Mike were both like WTF!? When i mentioned it around 25wks lol!
Onv he wont be there mow anyway, but my mums excited now as ive told her ill let her bring her reiki music and ahe can give me reiki in my back haha!

Ull be sure to know how mine ends up though! Xx

Yaaaay!

XX

My mum and Mike were both like WTF!? When i mentioned it around 25wks lol!
Onv he wont be there mow anyway, but my mums excited now as ive told her ill let her bring her reiki music and ahe can give me reiki in my back haha!

Ull be sure to know how mine ends up though! Xx

Ooh yes, I want graphic details!!

XX

Hahahaa!
Ill be getting my mum to take up close and personal photos just for u Em ahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members