Home birth

KellyLou85

Reaction score
I’m 14 weeks pregnant with my fourth child so still a while to decide but I have been considering having a home birth and interested to hear other people’s experiences good and bad. I really do love the idea of it and feel pretty confident labouring at home. I pretty much did the whole thing at home with my third and was pushing as I got to hospital.
My biggest concern is I had a previous csection although this was 13 yrs ago and hemorraged with my first two births.
I don’t know if it’s just too risky but I would love to do it x

Definitely discuss it with your midwife! I’m planning on having a home birth myself and I’m a community midwife as well so attend home births myself. Your birth choices should always be respected, remember that x

Definitely discuss it with your midwife! I’m planning on having a home birth myself and I’m a community midwife as well so attend home births myself. Your birth choices should always be respected, remember that x

Thank you :) I definetly will be having a discussion with my midwife about it and go from there. I’m not 100% sure yet which way I want to go but it’s something I’m thinking about.

I’m guessing she will say to discuss it with your consultant as you’ll be consultant led care due to previous c section and pph’s. But no one can tell you “no” :)

If you’ve had two pph’s and a c/s it doesn’t sound like giving birth at home would be all that safe. But that’s just my opinion and no one can force you to give birth at a hospital if the home birth route is what you want. x

I’m guessing she will say to discuss it with your consultant as you’ll be consultant led care due to previous c section and pph’s. But no one can tell you “no” :)

Yeah I have a telephone call with my consultant next week so will mention it to them. I wouldn’t take a no without a good reason to back it up but if it’s a genuine concern I’m going to be sensible about it x

If you’ve had two pph’s and a c/s it doesn’t sound like giving birth at home would be all that safe. But that’s just my opinion and no one can force you to give birth at a hospital if the home birth route is what you want. x
My past hemorrages are my biggest worry and the one big reason I’m hesitant as I don’t want to give birth at home and end up in a critical condition because I’m 20/25 minutes from the hospital :-(

My past hemorrages are my biggest worry and the one big reason I’m hesitant as I don’t want to give birth at home and end up in a critical condition because I’m 20/25 minutes from the hospital :-(

you’re right to consider these things very carefully, try to find out what the risk is of it happening again and decide if it’s one you’re willing to take x

Honestly, would you risk the life of your baby or yours just because you want a home birth. I don't want to sound negative but if you already had 2 risky births and a c-section, I don't think a home birth would be the wisest decision. If something were to happen to your baby, you would never forgive yourself.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back