• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Home Birth Stories - Please contribute yours

Daffodil

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I want a home birth :D :pray: . This will be my first child and I've had many conflicting opinions but I am sure it is what I want (as long as there are no complications).

Who here had a home birth? Can you please post a link to your birth story? Or post your birth story here?

Would you advocate having a home birth?

Thanks
Dawn

I couldn't recommend it highly enough - we had an amazing home water birth, I couldn't have scripted it better.

I had an interesting story - first baby, high BMI (41), but still fought to get my home birth and am so so glad I did. It was THE most amazing experience - I don't think anything beats giving birth to your precious baby in your own environment. No intervention pressure either!

Here is my birth story. Please PM me with any questions you have regarding home or water births, I'd be happy to help.

Valentine Xxx

Link to my home birth story is below in my sig :)

I'm a huge fan of natural and home birth. Its what I wanted all the way and I was very happy I managed it.

I certainly recommend it to women if its what they really want. TBH I think any woman who wants a home birth has to be 100% confident in it. There is no half way on it. Any doubts and I think a woman should opt for hospital. I found it about trusting and knowing my body and my mind and being mentally prepared for it all. I wanted a non medical approach to having my baby. But I had to prepare for the possible eventuality I might have to deliver in hospital should there be a problem.

It was a wonderful experience and was the kind of birth I had hoped for.

Also fwiw I've read many birth stories now. And I've yet to read a bad or negative homebirth story, even the ones where the mother had to be transferred to hospital for whatever reason. Even those, the mother always had only good things to say about the home part.

Good for you!
I was supposed to have a homebirth - I am going to post my birth story as soon as I get a second to write it (i'll put it in the announce arrival section).

Unfortunately they were worried about babies heartbeat and I had an ambulance called for me and ended up in hospital BUT at no point was I worried about my choice for a homebirth and I will try for one next time (did i say next time!).

People have lots of fears about homebirths but I'm proof that the minute something seems even a little bit off you would be taken in and looked after.

PM me if you want any info :)

i had a homebirth my birth story is posting in the arrivels section
i couldnt recommend it enough i loved it and will be doing it again next time :)
xx

I have had a hospital birth and a home birth. whilst both weremagical and emotional, my homebirth was the most amazing thing, and I felt more in control. I would definately have another one, the one on one care is much better, and being in your own surroundings is so relaxing.

Here is my story

I also recommend www.homebirth.org for more info

I had my second baby at home 8 years ago and my third baby 8 weeks ago, birth story is in arrivals section.

IF i ever have another baby I would definately have it at home again, it is very relaxing and you can have who ever you want there, plus you get two midwives when the baby is ready to be delivered.

Good Luck x x

the midwife i saw at my 24 week appointment has now put in my "notification of home confinement" (sounds like being put under house arrest), she say s as long as baby wants to come after 37 weeks then we should be good to go *fingers crossed now to figure out what we need to get to make sure we have everything at home.... i hope it goes as well as yours did :)

I had a wonderful home birth (story in my sig) with my first child and I can't recommend it enough. I was relaxed and in control throughout. Definitely going for another one this time (assuming all goes well).

Good luck :hug:

I hadn't planned a homebirth...some background... My baby was due on 24th November & I wanted every pain relief option going. I began to lose my plug on a Thursday and the following Tuesday I phoned my MW at 11am to ask whether the amount I was losing was normal, which it was. I didn't think too much of it because it was 6th November and I still had 3 weeks to go..and I thought I would go 2 weeks overdue. The backache that had kept me up during the night was getting stronger and I could have sworn that it was coming in waves. At 2.00 pm I phoned the mw back and said I thought I was having contractions.

When she arrived at 2.30 and examined me I was 9.5 cm dilated!! The options were: go to hospital, being blue lighted in an ambulance with the possibility that we might not make it in time or.. have the baby at home! He was born at 4.30pm and it was great. I had 3 midwives all to myself (my mw was about to finish her shift and I think you need 2 at a homebirth). We covered the lounge floor with towels and sheets and the 2nd mw bought me a bottle of gas (which I hardly used) and didn't leave till about 8ish.

My care was excellent and we were delighted that there were no visiting hours etc - my parents and brother came to see the baby hours after he was born, we had chinese takeaway for tea, and no risk of any nasty hospital germs!

im so glad i had a home birth! it was fab :D

theres a link to my birth story in my signature, below my ticker :D

This is great!! Lots of stories to read, thanks everyone.

I've read the first two - wonderfully inspiring and real....helps me know what I'm in for! (well not really but you know)

I'm going to work through reading the rest.

Dawn

Beanie,
Yours is a great home birth story because its so down to earth and true to life...if you know what I mean....

It helps to hear about your experience,

Dawn
x

Maybebaby! WOW a 2 and a half hour labour!!!

I hope mine isn't too long...

Thanks for your story

Daffodil said:
Maybebaby! WOW a 2 and a half hour labour!!!

I hope mine isn't too long...

Thanks for your story

:D yep it was a bit of a shock! I've been told to expect an even shorter one this time too so who knows what'll happen.

Hope yours goes well & you get your homebirth :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariyadavis
Back