Home Birth/Hospital birth?!

I really wanted a home birth but hubby isn't keen. The relaxing aspect of being in familiar surroundings appeals to me the most I think.

If DH wasn't so against it I'd be having one. I only live 5mins from hospital so I figured if things went wrong I wouldn't be too far away from assistance.

I chatted with the midwife about it and she asks me every time I go if I have decided yet so you have plenty of time to work it out :)

My hubby was dead against it too, we rowed about it at the start until I got admitted for kidney stones at 19 weeks, he then realized why I was so against a hospital birth and totally changed his mind, just a shame my LO made an unexpected early appearance and we had no choice but to go in! Was the best place under the circumstances though. I'm a bit old fashioned that way and think hospitals are for sick people and those in need whereas giving birth is natural. These birthing centers are a great alternative though and worth thinking about, they should open more round the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back