Home birth article on BBC

Makes for an interesting read. I asked about a home birth and was told that they dont recommend it for a first, so im hoping to go to a mid-wife lead unit. xxx

I think our mw's seem quite keen to encourage it. We got told that at antenatal anyway. My house is waaaaaaaay too small for that. Plus I'm in a semi detatched, wouldn't put my neighbours through it. AND I have new carpet :rofl:

x

I think each to their own and whatever makes them comfortable, so long as they have the relevant medical care for baby. Personally for my first I'd be much happy in hospital so everything is there incase something does go wrong! I'd consider it for future though if I knew what I was letting myself in for lol x

I can't think of anything worse. I feel much more confident knowing I am surroundin by docs etc if needs be. X

Only reason I asked for it was cos our local hospital is absolutely filthy!!! and as things stand i've had no problems. once i realised i could go to mid-wife lead unit i was happy to go with that.

dunno what i'll do next time round, cos our house is actually closer to the hosp thatn the midwife unit is, so by going there this time im adding an extra half hour on.
xxx

I'd love a home birth. If this one goes smoothly I'd defo look into it if I have any more.

I can definitely see the pros. You're in the comfort of your own home being a major one!

xx

I'd love a home birth but am a bit of a wuss and seeing as I'm not sure how bad the pain may get I want to be as close as possible to an epidural etc!! lol. If I handle this one ok I'd consider one for my second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back