holiday

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by sarafet, Jan 10, 2008.

1. sarafet

sarafet Well-Known Member

is anyone thinking about taking a quick holiday before lo is born? i'd love for me and oh to go away for a week in march to somewhere nice and warm :dance:

what are the flying regulations when pg? i'll be about 30 weeks then :?

2. Tillytots

Tillytots Well-Known Member

not sure what the regulations are hun, I think you have to check with your GP and the airline you fly with for their policy

Id LOVE a holiday! Ive been daydreaming about beaches and hot sun for the past few days!!

x

3. poppy160

poppy160 Well-Known Member

We just went to Butlins for the weekend in December. Would have liked to gone abroad but we just can't afford it :( I thought you couldn't fly after 24 weeks? But I think different airlines have different regulations.

4. sarafet

sarafet Well-Known Member

i've looked and most let you fly upto 32, some 36 weeks with a doctors letter :dance:

the thing they worry about is early labour so if you're at a higher risk for eary labour i doubt they'd let you go.

tilly - i feel as if my skins all pale and unhealthy looking, need a bit of sun before baby gets here :cheer:

5. poppy160

poppy160 Well-Known Member

Oooo great!! I'd say go for it!! :D

6. muppetmummy

muppetmummy Well-Known Member

I'd love to go abroad before baby arrives but it would be a silly thing for us to do financially with having to pay for a new baby. We're thinking of going on holiday abroad summer 2009, something nice to look forward to :D

I think flying varies slightly depending on the airline, but generally they need a doctors note after a certain date.

We are planning on going away for a week in late Feb. Going to drive down to south east england to spend the weekend with OH's brother and his family, then go on down to devon to spend the rest of the week with my family and our old friends. I can't wait, not seen my parents since may!

7. ASD123456

ASD123456 Well-Known Member

I'm going to America at easter. OH is working out there till I am 33 weeks so this is the only time I will have to see him before then! I can't wait to be honest, although a nice secluded beach location would probably suit better!

A x

8. Bloom

Bloom Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun enjoy yourself i would love a holiday but i had 2 in 2007 so i dont think im missing out.

9. Tillytots

Tillytots Well-Known Member

I havent actually been abroad for about 6 years! :shock: Im going to do what MM is and go Summer 2009, plenty of time to save then and will be nice to go as a family. Cant be anywhere too hot for bubs but somewhere semi warm like Greece wil be lush. Until then its fake-tan and daydreaming for me :lol:

10. jendav81

jendav81 Well-Known Member

Ooh! I want a holiday too! I was just back from honeymoon in October though so I can't complain. :oops:

It would be nice to go somewhere though .... 8)

11. BeckyJ

BeckyJ Well-Known Member

we always go away in April for a break, usually Devon or Cornwall area as we love it down there

we are going to Somerset in April this year as its nearer home if baby wanted to make an early appearence, i cant wait, ive already marked it on the calender at work and its really keeping me going :D

12. Sophie1102

Sophie1102 Well-Known Member

I booked two holidays lastnight!!!

One is to France where my grandad has a house and i'm going in August with my girls with the baby too (no OH!!!) for a week, with my two aunts and meeting my other aunt who lives out there!!

The other one is 5 days after I come back from France and it's to Devon Cliffs, a Haven thing and that is with my OH, the girls and baby for 4 days!!!

I can't wait!!!

13. sarah113

sarah113 Well-Known Member

Me and OH are thinking of going away soon for the weekend without the kids (but im not sure as ive never left them for a whole weekend before)

14. loz

loz Well-Known Member

If I was you I'd go sooner rather than later - I went to Germany at 21 weeks and the travelleing was knackering! You might find it hard when you are a big fatty!!! :shock: