Holiday to Turkey with three month old

kellyandbump

Reaction score
OH has booked a holiday to Turkey for us in three weeks time, just wondering if you can give any advice on what I need to take or things I can do to make this an enjoyable experience. Thanks.

Are you bf or bottlefeeding?

Not sure about the water in Turkey so maybe someone else can advise on that.

Make sure you have plenty sun lotion, sun hats etc for LO. We were in Croatia a couple of weeks ago and were really bothered by mosquitos so make sure you have a net or something to keep them away from your LO at night.

I am bottlefeeding now. What can I do to keep the mosies away? Thanks.

We have a Samsonite pop-up travel cot that has a built in net and since they mostly come out in the evening and at night when Becky was in bed she wasn't bitten. My 3 year old nephew and I, on the other hand, were eaten alive! Not sure if you can buy repellants for babies that young :think:

With regards to bottles you shouldn't have a problem taking formula etc on the plane as carry on but don't be surprised if they ask you to taste it. I took the powder and a flask of boiled water and they made me taste the water - it would have been a pain to open cartons of formula, though. Try to feed your LO during take off and landing so that she doesn't have problems with ears popping.

Hope that helps, have a lovely holiday! :hug:

With regards to water in Turkey, you can drink it, it's not unsafe but they do advise you not to drink it as it has alot higher mineral content than our water which gives you the runs :?

Bottled water is very cheap there though so stick to that and just be a bit careful with too much salad etc as they will wash it in their water and it does sometimes give you a jippy tummy, lots of people think its dodgy food but more likely the water.

they used to advise the following vaccinations are up to date but not so sure they do now: tetanus, Heptitis A, polio, and typhoid.

Turkey is lovely though, i've been many times so let me know if you have any other questions!

Kirsty, we are going to Gumbet in Turkey. Will I have to worry about the weather being too hot for Chloe? Do they sell a full range of baby things in the supermarkets or should I take everything with me? Thanks.

I haven't yet been to Gumbet before but once stayed outside of Bodrum which is in that area of Turkey.

Temp wise it should be nice there then. I would imagine it would be mid 20's so very pleasant, might get a little chilly in the evenings though so do take some things to wrap up LO.

I am pregnant with my first so have never been in the baby mindset when i've been there before but i would advise taking the key essentials with you as im not sure they would have everything you need as the shops aren't anything like here with mountains of choice for everything, not often are there supermarkets but more lots of what we'd call small convience shops or like corner shops. They would have more in the bigger cities like in Bodrum for emergencies if you desperately need something but would be a bit of a trek!

Definitely make sure you have enough formula - I took way too much though :oops:

i have just got back from Turkey this morning and we did take most things with us, Glenn is older but i was really carefull still, i took all my nappies/swim nappies for the whole stay....they are really expensive! i took powdered milk in my case, also take some juice or something to drink in the day as we couldnt get anything like cordial we get here so he ended up drinking apple juice or water, we had no probs with mozzies at all, i wish i took a portable fan to clip on the pushchair though as it gets HOT!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/SunshineKids-10 ... B000G7YLYS
i took one of those and i used it everyday, they are brilliant, it keeps the space cool inside the buggy as it blocks uv rays so stays cool, you obviously need a hood on the buggy to clip it to but i think that would be my top item for taking abroad and have just bought one myself as my friend lent me hers, have a great time, ohhh....and watch the Turks as they LOVE kids and they wont leave them alone..beware.xx

Thanks the sun shade looks fantastic will get oh to order one when he gets home. Do you have any idea where I can get one of those clip on fans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back