Your 1 year old...

Krystal

Reaction score
Hiya Girls :wave:

I'm going on holiday in Aug/September. We're going on a cruise around the canaries so will be stopping at different places. I'm just trying to get prepared for what type of things we need to take with us as I have no idea :doh:

Does a 1 year old eat normal food or should I be taking jars and things with me?

What about milk? I know after 1 they can drink cows milk but is that full fat only or something different as I'm not sure. I was going to take loads of readymade cartons with me but not sure if he can still drink that after 1 yr?

How many bottles a day does a one year old have? I have bought some sterribottles and may take those rather than lug about sterilizers and stuff but then I'm thinking do you actually still sterilize the bottles at that age? or do they drink out of a cup?

Any other holiday advice would be appreciated. I know it's early but I just want to get ideas so I can be prepared as I'm sure the time will fly between now and then.

Does a 1 year old eat normal food or should I be taking jars and things with me? - Jam was eatin our food but mashed up or cut smaller when we took him to Spain at 1, Jack will either be fine with normal food or fussy - take some jars incase he doesnt have his fave thing there

What about milk? I know after 1 they can drink cows milk but is that full fat only or something different as I'm not sure. I was going to take loads of readymade cartons with me but not sure if he can still drink that after 1 yr? - Full fat cows milk or progress milk is fine, dependin on how good the facilities are u might be able to get fresh milk otherwise take some readymade with u

How many bottles a day does a one year old have? - Jam has 2, one for his nap and one for bed

I have bought some sterribottles and may take those rather than lug about sterilizers and stuff but then I'm thinking do you actually still sterilize the bottles at that age? or do they drink out of a cup? - U should have him on a sippy cup by then or a beaker with spout

HTH

Nathan eats pretty much what we have just cut up small. He does still have some jars though, about 5 a week.
He has 3 bottles a day, 6oz in the morning, 6oz at 3pm and 9oz before bed. I've just switched Nathan totally on to cows milk a few days ago but you are fine to keep them on formula for as long as you want.
I've not sterilized Nathans bottles since he was about 6 months but I think if your going abroad it might be better to take ready done ones. Not to sure how it works with the water in other countries :think:

Thanks girls.. :hug:
The water onboard is same as english water I have checked that but they also give you bottled water if you wish.

Keep any advice coming as I'd appreciate it :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back