Hello & Holiday cancellation

Debs706

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I've been reading this board for the last few weeks since I discovered I was PG, congratulations to everyone and I look forward to spending more time here. Sorry this is a long post but here goes...

I am now 7 wks PG and at the beginning of Jan (long before PG happened) we booked flights and a villa in Florida for the last two weeks of October. This means that I will be 34 weeks at what would be that start of the holiday and just over 36 weeks coming home. I already know now that a long haul flight will not be sensible at that time and I doubt the doc/midwife would let me anyway. I have spoken with my travel insurance, I have an annual policy, and they have aleady said they would not insure me to go on the holiday but cannot tell me if I can claim the cost of the holiday back (they just don't seem to know!!).
Has anyone else been in this position and succesfully claimed? I would have thought that if the doc filled in the medical form stating the reason why I cannot travel (ie too far along in PG) I would be able to get the money back. I don't want to cancel flights or claim until I've at least had the first scan and know all ok just want to know where I would stand.
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!!

Hello congratulations and welcome to the forum.
Would say it will depend on your insurance company.
Is the whole holiday piad or just the deposit

What does the small print on cancellations say? Is it a whole package or flights etc? By travel insurance, do you mean medical cover etc or the actual cancellation policy option also?

I'd think you should be able to claim back as you won't be able to fly at 36 weeks on any airline tbh. Lots won't take you after 28 weeks without a Doctors certificate and I think after 32 or 34 weeks its a defo no.

You should at least be able to claim the flight cancellation back I think.

It really is a case of phoning and speaking to them I think. Its hard to know as each policy is different and also the small print will have clauses etc in. Have you got it to hand? What does their website info say?

A Doctors certficate will be needed though to prove you won't be able to fly at that late a stage.

Thanks guys for your replies.
The holiday is independently booked with flights booked directly to the airline and the villa deposit directly to that company. My insurance is the full works medical, cancellation etc.
However good news is they phoned me back this evening (I really didn't expect them to) and they have informed me that I will be covered for claiming monies back if I can't travel.
It's a big weight off my mind now so just need to get through the next few eeks to make sure everything ok!

Hello :wave: Congratulations on your pregnancy & welcome to the forum. Great news about the holiday! Is it your first baby? If so I'd recommend trying to get away for a break before s/he arrives as it's much harder afterwards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back