HND/Degree

K X

Reaction score
What do you have and what is it in?

I have an HND Travel & Tourism-god knows, I wanted to be a holiday rep when I left school! :wink:

Would like to do a degree via open university but it seems expensive! :|

dionne said:
i aint even got a gcse :oops:

Bless ya hun! :hug: U obviously don't need them the salary u get! U have other talents! :wink:

I am a firm believer in u don't need a piece of paper to tell u how intelligent u r :rotfl:

K X said:
What do you have and what is it in?

I have an HND Travel & Tourism-god knows, I wanted to be a holiday rep when I left school! :wink:

Would like to do a degree via open university but it seems expensive! :|

you can always get a student loan!

Sometimes you can get grants too, even for the open university courses

I have a degree in design mangement and worked as a graphic designer

I'd like to do an OU course too, but they are time limited and I'd be worried about if I didn't get the time to do it at the moment.

I started a degree but didn't like the Uni I was at (Plymouth). I was there and working at the same time, went there when I was 22 so was a mature student. Found it hard juggling married life etc with Uni so I only lasted a couple semesters before I realised that I wanted to have a baby and left and got pg with Ella. I was doing American Studies :)
Other than that I have my AS levels (English Language, Media and Pyschology) and GCSEs.

Really feel the need to do something and exercise my mind though, am feeling foggy!

Me 2 Kina, I have come to a stage in my life I have no direction, and need to get the brain stimulated again.

I have my Highers (Equivalent to A Levels) English, Drama, Modern Studies & Business Studies :bored:

I loved English, would have loved to be a journo in another life.

I like the way with OU you can pick and choose the modules that interest you.

I have a diploma in social work, diploma in higher education, 14 GCSE's including an A in childcare, 2 A levels (criminology and principals of care) and a city and guilds in I.T and I left school with NUFFIN! :rotfl:

Having a child spurred me on to get an education. I know you dont need a piece of paper and all that but in my job you cannot be a SW without the qualification, no working your way up or anything, you aint got the paper you wont get the job. I wanted a decent paying career that I could bring my child up and provide for her and when I was on the social I felt it extremely intrusive that I had to inform them if people stayed or whatnot. Waited till DD went to school though.

Im just finishing my second year of study for an OU degree!

To get a full degree with honours is 6 years part time. (I do about 2 hours a day mon-fri) Each years course costs on average £500 which you can pay in monthly instalments.

Or alternativly depending on your household income you can get complete or partial funding. its around under £19k anual income (not including benefits) and this figure changes depending on how many kids you have. And under around £25k to get partial funding. This income is everyone in your household not just yourself. And is non repayable, so you basically can do your course for free.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

I've got GCSES:
(A* French, A Spanish, A Italian, A English, A English Lit, B Maths, B Religious Education, B Business Studies, C Food Technology, CC Science dual award).

A Levels:
(B French, C Classical Civilisation, C Spanish)

and I've completed the first year at Uni doing BA Joint Honours French/TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)....but I've had to give that course up, because it meant living in France for a year which isn't feasible now that Lydia has come along.
So I'm going back to uni next month to start from scratch doing BA Single Hons Classical Civilisation.

I have an hnc in graphic design but its 10 years old so I dont think it would count anymore.

I have a HND in Business and Management - didn't get the A-level grades to go straight onto the degree, was too busy going out and enjoying myself :wink: I have also got a degree in Business and Human Resource Management.

Xxx

Diploma in Higher Education (nursing)

The rest of my qualifications are a joke -

Half a GNVQ (couldnt be bothered to finish it!)

Failed the first years of my A levels in Biology and Psychology

One A level in Music - grade E!

6 A-C grade GCSEs

Just goes to show you dont need to worry about your college grades too much - I still graduated from uni!

I've got a HND and a Degree in Computing and surprise surprise I work in IT too.

Bagpuss17 said:
I've got a HND and a Degree in Computing and surprise surprise I work in IT too.

Clever cookie! :clap: U can help us when our computers are fooked! :D I thot u were 17yrs old, just bcoz of ur name :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back